Scaffolding during World War II (1 Viewer)

gordy

Reaction score
Wondering if any of you older guys on here remember much about scaffolding around the wartime?

Be interesting to hear any stories back

gordy

I worked with Noah on the building of the Ark if thats any good LOLooo:D

Are you referring to when the Scaffs used wooden masts and hemp rope or 2" water pipe and SGB Sets ???

Big ben fittings i would imagine and chain blocks from sgb

Garry are you the first Neanderthal Scaffolder???

Thats the sort of era I was thinking, yes, with the good old (as it was then) Scaffolding Great Britain at the fore etc..
The old man's popped it now but I think he used to be in the game back then and I was wondering if anyone could remember anything else that was differnet to now...

Aye, it was a fu**ing nightmare dodging they doodle bugs when you were topping a paddy. Mind you, on the plus side we didn't have to worry about hooking on back then.:eek:

m/cr dental hospital

worked on manchester dental hospital and in the service stair core there are photos of when it was built by bovis circa 1943 mills 1/2 inch fittings double toeboards if it had adouble guardrail it wold pass muste today

Scaftek

I was just talkin to some of the young team about the Millz 1/2" 90z and Collars and how we used to hang butts from the suffit of the steel beam with Millz PCs then hang oor droppers---changed days, that was pre-HASAWA :eek:

is a mills pc what i d call a g clamp , question mark fitting ?

Scaffy

A few images of the Millz P.C. ( Putlog Coupler )

Attachments

• STA60588.jpg
    STA60588.jpg
    17 KB · Views: 6
  • STA60587.jpg
    STA60587.jpg
    17.4 KB · Views: 5
  • STA60586.jpg
    STA60586.jpg
    17.2 KB · Views: 7
  • STA60584.jpg
    STA60584.jpg
    21.6 KB · Views: 5
Great for Toeboards,and lapped toeboards.

However, i felt they were twatful on trannies, needed, more fingers than captain birdseye to situ them before you could wrap them up.

Many a fitting got slung,pinged off or just wouldnt reach the outside reach of a trannie:noworry:

Top Bottom