Assessed Route Comeback? (1 Viewer)

digsie

Reaction score
I was talkin to a mate this mornin who said that the assessed route is making a comeback this Summer.Anyone able to shed any light on this.It would help me no end scaffolding 10 years but dont have British Tickets.It would be worth the outlay of money.

I have heard nothing at all about the assessed route returning...I personally do not think it will happen for one good reason....MONEY

The powers that be (In the training proffession) fought long and hard to get rid of this loop hole, this allows them them to capitilise on the fact that you are now going to have to do at least 2 courses and assessment (Thats without touch screen tests etc) with an establishment to gain your card as opposed to 2 week ends, you do the maths my friend!!???

They can dress it up how they like but its the £££££'s that drive it.

Told by CITB that it is not coming back but there is the EWPA route which. The EWPA avoids the need for the scaffolder to complete a portfolio of evidence of the ability to do things on site and so does speed up the process.
:suspicious:

EWPA route

is there any body that can help me with some information on what the ewpa route for a basic ticket please, and if anyone knows if the job centre help with costs of scaffolding courses, thanks

This is a fast route available for workers with a minimum of five years experience who don’t need any further training.

It involves spending a day having your skills and knowledge assessed at an off-site location, normally your NVQ centre. This can sometimes be done at weekends.

All the skills needed to pass the NVQ are included in one task, which is observed by an approved assessor.

The 4 Steps of EWPA
Step 1: You will need to contact your local NVQ Provider, you can find a Provider by visiting Construction Awards Alliance - Home Page.

Step 2: An assessor will introduce you to the process and make an initial assessment to ensure you are suitable to qualify through this method. They may also ask you to bring some items of ‘evidence’ with you. Evidence you provide can be in a written form, such as witness statements from customers or supervisors worked with in the past, or it can take the form of photographs of your work, site plans, qualifications or proof of employment.

Step 3: You will undertake a practical assessment of your skills which will be observed by the assessor. This will be followed by professional discussion to assess your knowledge of the subject.

Step 4: If you are successful, you should receive your full CSCS card within 7 working days and your NVQ certificate will also arrive a few weeks later. If you do not pass the assessment all is not lost: the work you have done can still count towards your qualification through OSAT

thanks paddy, is it a fully reconised ticket as the CITB part1 and 2 or is it a NVQ?

Hi Paddy.

I've been in the game for 15 years and feel quite embarrassed to say that I've never done my qualifications. I've always worked for small company's but have now decided to have a go on my own. I've got a fair bit of tube that I've brought over the years, why not have a go on your own?

Will I still be treated the same if I've not worked for one of the big boys on the big jobs?

Many thanks

Matt

I may not be right, but the way I understand it is that you do not need to have your tickets if you own your own company. It is this 'competent person' phrase which comes into play. As the owner, you are deemed to be competent but also as the owner all responsibility is on you. If there is an accident etc... it is your balls on the block.

I may not be right, but the way I understand it is that you do not need to have your tickets if you own your own company. It is this 'competent person' phrase which comes into play. As the owner, you are deemed to be competent but also as the owner all responsibility is on you. If there is an accident etc... it is your balls on the block.

I thought being the owner of the company your balls would be on the line anyway, that why you get public liability, no?

If true, great. Still would like to get my ticket on the quick though. :cool:

spunkywads and mattscaff you need your scaffold cards full stop regardless of wether you run your own company or not , if you are erecting dismantling scaffold you need to be qualified to do so, you do not need scaffold cards to run a company tho as long as the employees erecting dismantling scaffold are all trained to do so. you need employee liability, public liability, and a good knowledge of health safety and employment law to run a company

Spot on Superscaff agree with all you say

As to "Assessing" scaffolders abilities I can like many others on this forum assess a scaffolders ability in half a day by working with him on any site, Its the way they set out to tackle the job,getting the correct gear organised,checking the abilities of the team he is working with (if he does not Know them)what jobs he has recently worked on,who he has worked for,who has he worked with,
WHO,WHAT,WHERE,WHEN

There are very good and valid reasons for the CISRS and the training and certification of scaffolders, but the bits of paper are only 20% as to the assessment of the ability of the individual to erect and dismantle scaffold in a safe and proper manner.

Then there are the "social" assessments,does he buy his round in the pub,whats he like passing the fags, does he snore or fart all night when you are in digs, can he sing ,dance or tell a decent joke.Can he pull the women (so you end up with her ugly mate,but get your end away anyway)

Yes my friends there are many factors in assessing scaffolders,not just being able to show a record of your training and ability to connect the "Pipes, Clamps, and Planks

haha rigger that is assessment scaff style like it , may i just add that some of the best scaffolders ive worked with have never had a bus ticket never mind cisrs , granted they may not get on sites these days but would tick most or all of the boxes in the rigger assessment form above lol. as for some of the chumps of today with more cards an certs than you can shake a spanner at, they not fit to lace the wellies of some of the yesteryear scaffs but times change cards an certs are now part of life regardless of who you are an just like the saying goes no hat no boots no job its the same for cards.

problem with assessed routes is 99% of all entrants will pass regardless , because it keeps training centre statistics high which keeps training centres open

has anyone tried this ewpa route yet and does it work

Hi , i think they might bring the assessed route back but only in the way of 1 week training and week assessment`s or may be 2 week of assessment.

You will still need to complete the N.V.Q which is done through doing the jobs on site,

Who would be willing to complete this route if the price of this course was ££1,200

or £2,000 for a 3 week course.

Your feed back please gents.

well id put blokes through it , im reffering to the message on previous page from paddy carr have you read it ??

Would be money well spent doing the assessed route for the speed of which you could obtain your tickets compared to the alternitive options availible,they should never have stopped it full stop..

we used to get our guys done over 2 weekends bit of paperwork job done

Top Bottom