NASC issues SG4:YOU

BetterTAX

Reaction score
New SG4:YOU user Guide

Not trying to be contentious here, but wtf? How handy is it to have a

"The user guide is a pocket sized booklet designed to be an aide memoir for site worker involved with scaffolding."

Is it suggesting that when half way up a tower block of scaffolding, you may forget what you need to be doing to stay safe, so you stop, get your handy pocket sized book out, have a quick looksee, say "ahh thats what I was doing wronggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggg arghhhhhhhhhhhhhh....."?

Am I missing the point?

no not at all its the wonderful nasc who are and have been out of touch with reality for some time now,they dont listen to the real people to form an opinion they just impose edicts on the plebs from nasc towers.

You want to see the size of the booklet that tells you how to put a harness on which we got supplied with our harnesses, you need a big pocket for that.......

Hi Bettertax, to be honest I think you might be missing the point a wee bit. I think the point of the pocket guide is to allow employers to train their men in the safe use of the equipment and plan their work in advance to try and avoid balancing 30 feet in the air on a 2" tube trying to dig something out your pocket wondering where it all went wrong. Another good point to the pocket book is the men don't have to take the gaffer's or **** safety men's word for anything if they have the correct information to hand, and as we all know information is king.......well, that and cash.:embarrest:

well aom we have to agree there your right the wee booklet could put the wee scrawny safety man in his place,thus not having to listen futhermore to his clap trap.i am now going to take ma wee book everywhere there lurks the devilment of CLIP BOARD CLIFF.

well aom we have to agree there your right the wee booklet could put the wee scrawny safety man in his place,thus not having to listen futhermore to his clap trap.i am now going to take ma wee book everywhere there lurks the devilment of CLIP BOARD CLIFF.

there's an even better TG20 one, half a dozen pages of excellent information, gets straight to the point and simple for us scaffs to comprehend.
the rest we don't need:nuts::nuts::nuts:

The problem with these books is site agents get hold of them & don't know what they are looking at & want you to do all sorts :eek:

NASC Give me a bucket

Your right Celticbhoy. I used to attend NASC meetings in the South West for a Bristol company. They don't have a F***ING CLUE ABOUT THE REAL WORLD.
Last time I went I enjoyed telling the 9 guys around the table that in my opinion they were all hoping that by being on a NASC 'committee' they might stand a chance of getting a MBE or whatever for 'services to the safety industry'.

and the best thing of all about these little books is the front pages are generally ideal roach material, which is very handy, if you have your handy pocket sized book in your pocket when you looking for summit handy at toke time :nuts:

but when arguing with health an safety men an managers, it doesnt look good when you prove them wrong ,by presenting them with proof inside a booklet with half front cover an quarter of back cover missing lol:toung:

The problem with these books is site agents get hold of them & don't know what they are looking at & want you to do all sorts :eek:

Aye but at least you are armed with the same information as him and hopefully in a better position to educate him.

The plant I'm working on have a system called SOR (safety observation report) which your supposed to fill in if you see something unsafe, All the time I've been there I've never filled one in and the safety man tells me I should. Last week they won an award for 4 million hours non lost time and he was chuffed with himself, so I told him that was the reason I never wasted his time by filling in SOR's cause there was never anything unsafe. He did'nt know if I was praising him or slagging him.

Knew I would get you in the end.:laugh:

sorry chaps i been finishing off that front cover :nuts: :eek:

---------- Post added at 10:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:28 PM ----------

have i missed out :nuts:

Top Bottom