Hello (1 Viewer)

alexpegs

Reaction score
Alright, My names Alex just started scaffolding not too long ago, was wondering whats the usual pay for a trainnee for a 50 hour a week? cheers

Welcome to the forum alex,

Hard to say m8 but when I started I was getting 20 bangers a day... a big note a week and working my ass off for it, dodging fittings getting told I was a useless piece of s**t... Ahhhhhhh... Those were the days!:D

Welcome Alexpegs
Depends on your geography, age, supply & demand in your area etc.

Ball park figure £50 a day to start

9 hour day, -1 hour for breaks x 6 days = 48 hours = £300

---------- Post added at 03:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:22 PM ----------

I started I was getting 20 bangers a day... a big note a week and working my ass off for it, dodging fittings getting told I was a useless piece of s**t... Ahhhhhhh... Those were the days!:D

You were lucky!!!!
A light line and a flat spanner were my tools, if I had gone and spent my hard earned at leaches when it was a cheap tool shop in New Cross I would not have been able to wear them, public humiliation was normal, Done a lot of cradle/boswains chair work when I started so I was coiling ropes, light lines, straightening wire bonds and avoiding fittings I sent up that did not work :D

loved every minute of it :love:

My first 2 years, loading up, while the 3 scaffs were doing other tasks, up and down ladders all day humping T+F, if i was a Double, single or sleeve shy, i was all the useless cnuts:huh:

I got my first spanner after 2 years, i was told to put a lift round a conservatory, my first tranny went straight through the glass conservatory door.:sick:

Did a staircase in a CIU club 1 sun morning, the committee of the club stated it had to be finished by 12'0'clock as the bingo was on for the members.

Height of the top landing on the staircase,to the suspended ceiling, which had to be replaced, 20' no problem, use 16' stds.

Walking up the stairs, std erect, straight through the suspended ceiling, no overtime pay for me that day either, all for £50.00 pw. Happy days though.

Ball park figure £50 a day to start

9 hour day, -1 hour for breaks x 6 days = 48 hours = £300

You were lucky!!!!
A light line and a flat spanner were my tools, if I had gone and spent my hard earned at leaches when it was a cheap tool shop in New Cross I would not have been able to wear them, public humiliation was normal, Done a lot of cradle/boswains chair work when I started so I was coiling ropes, light lines, straightening wire bonds and avoiding fittings I sent up that did not work :D

loved every minute of it :love:

Things must be pretty grim down there scaff, I remember the labourers getting more than that and that was a few years ago!

Done a bit of rope coiling/hauling in freezing conditions on the tops of buildings and its character building, think thats the problem with all these young thundercats coming into the game with their titanium spanners, breathable waterproofs, go faster ratchets, fancy haircuts.
:D:D

Alex mate,firstly invest in a good set of ear defenders,and some skin thickening lotion,you will need it initially,good look in your newly chosen career,were not all bitter and twisted just enjoy mate..

Alex mate,firstly invest in a good set of ear defenders,and some skin thickening lotion,you will need it initially,good look in your newly chosen career,were not all bitter and twisted just enjoy mate..

PMSL!!! Never a more apt statement!!

Hello & Welcome Alex

Good Luck!!:D

your looking at about 50-60 quid a day for a labourer round are end and thats all most of them will ever be because theyve no interest in the job just getting paid

Hi Alex and Welcome To The Scaffolders Forum!

Regards

SF Admin

Top Bottom