PDA

View Full Version : Enable members to change user name

poacher turned gamekeeper
23rd February 2011, 06:57 PM
Hi SF, I think it would be benificial for SF members to be able to change their registered user name for added privacy. When i registered I obviously used my real name, if i could register again i would use my nickname or something else, I aint got nothing to hide, but i probably hold back on my views somewhat cos i dont know who is monitoring the forum, please please please, change the user name format so numptys like me can have a second chance with out having to get a new e:mail address and lose my JR status which as took some time to acheive.;);)

Yours hopefully

Dave

brandy
23rd February 2011, 07:40 PM
When I joined I was only getting the hang of using computers, I clicked onto the forum and noticed all had made up names, so when I joined I thought that is what you have to do, so I picked Brandy. If it were allowed to change and keep the posts I would prefer to use my real name, which is Terry. Is it possible. ?

SWIFTY
23rd February 2011, 07:42 PM
I'd like to be known as "That good looking B.astard with the 12 inch C.ock" but it's not going to happen is it?

celticbhoy
23rd February 2011, 08:03 PM
lol contact RHL they got the gen on changing names.

brandy
23rd February 2011, 08:31 PM
Or Broparabs with his 1000 CV's

jakdan
23rd February 2011, 08:31 PM

Yeh, but you have to be a pr1ck,
and i think dave, brandy and that good looking b@stard with a 12 inch cokc are canny lads

celticbhoy
23rd February 2011, 08:59 PM
pmsl 1000 cvs

aom
23rd February 2011, 10:39 PM
Dave, there is a school of thought that say's thousands of people will change their name by deed poll to get rid of the stigma attached to their profile built up on things like facebook and the like. I know what you mean about curbing your view but I would say leave it as is, this is a common medium for discussing most things but just how wrong could it go discussing scaffold?:eek::noworry:

SF Admin
24th February 2011, 10:06 AM
If anyone would really like me to change their name for them I will, but only to hide their privacy.

You would not believe the amount of requests I get to change usernames and for forgotten passwords!

It is not common practise and no forum would allow the user to change their name manually as it would be impossible to moderate.

Best Regards

SF Admin

scaffy
24th February 2011, 10:49 AM
why brandy tho is it ya fave drink??

---------- Post added at 10:49 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:49 AM ----------

i use scaffy as that me user name on all the animal and dog sex sites

brandy
24th February 2011, 03:50 PM
why brandy tho is it ya fave drink??

---------- Post added at 10:49 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:49 AM ----------

i use scaffy as that me user name on all the animal and dog sex sites
HA HA, Scaffy. No, its when I joined I could'nt think of a name so I remembered I'd won a bottle of Brandy in the pub the night before, hate the stuff, ended up giving it away.

24th February 2011, 06:37 PM
Dave, there is a school of thought that say's thousands of people will change their name by deed poll to get rid of the stigma attached to their profile built up on things like facebook and the like. I know what you mean about curbing your view but I would say leave it as is, this is a common medium for discussing most things but just how wrong could it go discussing scaffold?:eek::noworry:

Alright aom remember that unfortunate incident i was involved in the other week, you even told me to be careful so anonomaty would have been better in that situation especially when we get popped up at the weekends, as we do;)

---------- Post added at 06:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:26 PM ----------

[QUOTE=SF Admin;61421]If anyone would really like me to change their name for them I will, but only to hide their privacy.

You would not believe the amount of requests I get to change usernames and for forgotten passwords!

It is not common practise and no forum would allow the user to change their name manually as it would be impossible to moderate.

Best Regards

Fair play admin can you change my user name to "poacher turned gamekeeper". I registered that name on the wifes email only problem was she forgot her password on my computer, so if you could be so kind to implement them changes for me, got nowt to hide just prefer not to have real name up thanks in advance. Dave or should i say poacher turned gamekeeper.:bigsmile:

aom
24th February 2011, 10:15 PM
Fair enough Dave..... I mean poacher turned game keeper.:noworry:

XxIANxX
24th February 2011, 10:30 PM
Think its to late for me to change mine

Regards

Geoff :D

celticbhoy
24th February 2011, 10:39 PM
you only change your name when the police are involved and thats it.

dave b 2
24th February 2011, 10:46 PM
aye my name is dave baldwin and proud of it wot i say and wot i do so no name change 4 me thank you

Tester
24th February 2011, 11:50 PM
If we allow members to change their names would they please change their habits too so that we have less of the bad language that offends some of us.

25th February 2011, 09:24 AM
If we allow members to change their names would they please change their habits too so that we have less of the bad language that offends some of us.

Is that snipe aimed at me or the scaffolders forum users in general?? Tester:mad:

TomD
25th February 2011, 12:42 PM
TomD is just an alias of mine, my actual name is Sir Byron Hoffenheim the 3rd :D ha

paddy carr
25th February 2011, 06:47 PM
Too late for me now, However, if i was to change it, i would be 'Marmite' you either love it or hate it. Seems quite apt, and i might of even got another scaffolding start somewhere if i get bladdered.;)

Tester
25th February 2011, 06:56 PM
In general PTG

aom
25th February 2011, 07:31 PM
Hi Tester, I will admit to the odd bout of colourful language on occasion and if it has caused offence then I am very sorry. I will try to curtail it in the future as it's easy to forget it's not just scaffolders that are reading the posts. However it is a scaffolders forum and the language used on here is a very heavily diluted version of the language in common daily use on every building site in the land, and as such it shouldn't be too surprising to read the odd expletive.

paddy carr
25th February 2011, 07:33 PM
Generalisations ?????????

paulreilly
25th February 2011, 07:39 PM
most of us spend our day effin + blindin , why change just because your writing it ???? missus says if i didnt swear id have f**k all to say

allan666
25th February 2011, 07:42 PM
Hi

XxIANxX
25th February 2011, 07:47 PM
Please don't insult the forum sponsors

Regards

Ian

aom
25th February 2011, 07:52 PM
You are havin a giraffe, What next, burning books?:laugh:

XxIANxX
25th February 2011, 08:02 PM
You are havin a giraffe, What next, burning books?:laugh:

If I hadn't i'm sure Admin would have if tester had made a complaint. I have to use my discretion aom. If the remarks were made at you or the friday night crew fair enough:D . I'm not trying to ruin the banter but allan's comments were only going to upset tester. Its not as if this place is over moderated is it.We know allan likes a laugh, but not everyone will get his sense of humour

aom
25th February 2011, 08:09 PM
Allan's humour is well documented, whilst Tester's status as sponsor is welcome it doesn't mean he has had a humour by-pass. You didn't see Better Tax bleating when their charges were questioned they explained their position and stood by it. You are the moderator Ian but for me it was nothing that shouldn't be expected and I'm sure we have all had worse.

XxIANxX
25th February 2011, 08:12 PM
OK its out of my hands:D

aom
25th February 2011, 08:16 PM
haha, you'll get a doing now for not doing your job.:D

Thankless task I know, but in all honesty all the sponsors are business men and women who can handle themselves and I'm sure would not want to censor free speech.

XxIANxX
25th February 2011, 08:21 PM
Fact is aom its how admin will look upon it if tester complains. I would hate to see allan banned as I like his wit. I was looking at it from both parties point and would still advise allan to edit his post.

aom
25th February 2011, 08:26 PM
I was going to say, all Tester would need to do is pm Allan but then again maybe not.:eek::D No one is getting banned for that no way. It's humour and Tester has been around the forum long enough to know that.

paddy carr
25th February 2011, 09:42 PM
Sorted, Allan only said Hi,

aom
25th February 2011, 09:54 PM
Pathetic

paulreilly
25th February 2011, 09:59 PM
surely everyone got a right to an opinion who ever you upset, thort we live in a free speech society!!!!!

XxIANxX
25th February 2011, 09:59 PM
Pathetic

aom I was acting as moderator and following the forum rules. The job is yours mate if you want it.:idea:

Please read the following rules and abide by them at all times.
Please respect other forum members at all times.
If you have an issue with a member, PM a moderator or admin
Any racist, bigotry or discriminating posts will not be tolerated
Please refrain from any unnecessary swearing
We reserve the right to remove offensive posts without notice.
Please refrain from posting meaningless threads, one word (or short) non-sense posts, or the such.
Advertising, spamming and trolling is not allowed. This includes using the forum, email, visitor messages, blog comments, picture comments and private message systems to spam other members. (except for forum advertisers and sponsors)
Multiple or repeated posting in order to increase your post count is not allowed.
Discussion of illegal activities such as software and music piracy and other intellectual property violations are not allowed.
Each member is allowed one login account. Registering with multiple accounts is not allowed.
You cannot post any affiliate or referral links, or post anything asking for a referral. Such posts will be subject to removal.
You cannot post advertisements or notices for contests.
Also while these rules cover most common situations, they cannot anticipate everything. Consequently we reserve the right to take any actions we deem appropriate to ensure these forums are not disrupted or abused in any way.

Infractions and bans will be given to users if any of these rules are broken. Infractions given can either be temporary of permanent and are given at the discretion of the forums moderators.

Now please enjoy the Scaffolders Forum and have fun!

aom
25th February 2011, 10:00 PM
naw ram it, it's no ma style

celticbhoy
25th February 2011, 10:07 PM
ian get a grip lad,its debate lively or not its a forum for scaffs and scaff associated companys,we speak the way we feel weather profanities are used or not.start this edit this edit that then its gone LOST,we will be getting told what to do in our forum as well as everywhere else,lets not let the PC bollox take over what we have here if allen barred well you can barr me too.

---------- Post added at 10:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:05 PM ----------

wits awe they rules rolled out for what fcuking age are you mate?????start acting it the guy says HI.whats got into u ian?????

paulreilly
25th February 2011, 10:15 PM
the canines testicles

aom
25th February 2011, 10:16 PM
Thought it was just me,:eek: The forum obviously means different things to different people but for me it makes a refreshing change to let rip now and again. Obviously I will need to take my turn on the receiving end but that's life.

celticbhoy
25th February 2011, 10:19 PM
rules YOU SHALL NOT POST ADVERTISEMENTS a rest ma case never throw stones in glass houses.

---------- Post added at 10:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:17 PM ----------

will you fcuk aom take a ripping from who?????u jesting mate your one of the best posters on the place informative and genuine and 100%SCAFF.

paulreilly
25th February 2011, 10:21 PM
you spot on there AOM nowt wrong with a bit of banter tween scaffs??????

jakdan
26th February 2011, 08:40 AM
how did i miss this one, must have been p1ssed, ooops sorry drunk
FFS

BetterTAX
26th February 2011, 09:24 AM
Oh dear. :(

I didn't see Allan's post, it's been edited, I am sure there was good reason.

It's a thankless task being a mod, and you all know XxIanxX well enough to know he was doing what he thought was best in Admin's weekend time off. Give him a break?

Tester - if I may interject, as a fellow sponsor and member of the forum - I'm the female element of BetterTAX, I'm the one who spends most of the time here, enjoying some banter and giving the guys in the office the heads up when an expert answer is needed. I read a lot of stuff here and I could so easily be offended, but, this is, as the guys say, a scaffolders forum, primarily for scaffs and they speak like they do. Surely you must come into everyday contact with guys like this or you wouldn't be sponsoring the forum? It's a bit like TV, watch the stuff you enjoy and don't watch the stuff you don't.

Now today's a new day :). I hope everyone is well. Gotta say, I love the name change, david, far better than the original name you had :D!

frederik
26th February 2011, 09:39 AM
What a great little thread, first time Ive ever been involved in a forum of any sort. Having been shot down a few times for comments I have made, it made me consider any thoughts I have and respect for others comments. Some comments are based on emotion or hearsay,some on fact,whatever,you will be challenged by someone. Its an open forum,it has rules, you find your niche,and with posts made,there are certainly many out there I could share a joke and a pint with. I have nothing to hide, My name is Frederick. I have always been Frederick, can I now change it to Humpty Dumpty

XxIANxX
26th February 2011, 09:59 AM
Not everyone has the same sense of humour as allan and personally bad language doesn't offend me. But if another member complains and then abusive language is directed at him the situation will only escalate. The we're scaffolders we swear blah blah is not an excuse. Yes I know allan was having a laugh but that doesn't mean that Tester does. At the end of the day it was one post that was removed FFS your scaffs is it really that bad , its not as if anyones telling you you've put the scaffold up on the wrong house:D

aom
26th February 2011, 10:28 AM
rules YOU SHALL NOT POST ADVERTISEMENTS a rest ma case never throw stones in glass houses.

---------- Post added at 10:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:17 PM ----------

will you fcuk aom take a ripping from who?????u jesting mate your one of the best posters on the place informative and genuine and 100%SCAFF.

What about moderating the advertisers Ian?

XxIANxX
26th February 2011, 10:34 AM
aom I'm sure if one of your scaffolders had upset one of your customers you would do something about it. FFS grow up it was one post that was removed. Its not as if the post was informative. As I've said if you can do a better job its yours.

aom
26th February 2011, 10:42 AM
aom I'm sure if one of your scaffolders had upset one of your customers you would do something about it

That happens more often than you would imagine Ian, but as I tell the complainers you just have to roll with it some times. For me it's the slippery slope if we have to watch we don't upset the sponsors. If I were sponsoring this site I would be more annoyed that others can use it to advertise their wares without digging in their pockets.

philliosmaximus
26th February 2011, 10:53 AM
Like Rosie says if you deal with scaffolders then you will be well aware that they tend to speak their mind and if you are that sensitive maybe a scaffolding forum is not the place for you.

XxIANxX
26th February 2011, 11:35 AM
aom I'm sure if one of your scaffolders had upset one of your customers you would do something about it

That happens more often than you would imagine Ian, but as I tell the complainers you just have to roll with it some times. For me it's the slippery slope if we have to watch we don't upset the sponsors. If I were sponsoring this site I would be more annoyed that others can use it to advertise their wares without digging in their pockets.

Send your complaints to SF Admin with the specific advertisers your talking about and i'm sure he will deal with it. I will refrain from moderating the site as obviously i'm making a balls up of it

---------- Post added at 11:35 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:13 AM ----------

Like Rosie says if you deal with scaffolders then you will be well aware that they tend to speak their mind and if you are that sensitive maybe a scaffolding forum is not the place for you.

. But there are rules in place phil, its not as if we enforce them to the letter( a bit like TG20):D. I only removed the post to prevent it escalating. But it seems to of done the opposite.

philliosmaximus
26th February 2011, 11:44 AM
Dont get me wrong Ian of course you need to moderate otherwise you got chaos but surely
anyone that comes on here is aware of allans rants and either laughs or takes no notice.
RHL came on here and took the pi ss wholesale upset loads of lads and then LIED to make themselves look better and got kicked of by admin and they are still here advertising and not paying a penny for it, i think allans only guilty of speaking before he thinks sometimes .

XxIANxX
26th February 2011, 12:06 PM
Dont get me wrong Ian of course you need to moderate otherwise you got chaos but surely
anyone that comes on here is aware of allans rants and either laughs or takes no notice.
RHL came on here and took the pi ss wholesale upset loads of lads and then LIED to make themselves look better and got kicked of by admin and they are still here advertising and not paying a penny for it, i think allans only guilty of speaking before he thinks sometimes .

Personally I think allan as the dryest sense of humour on here. The thing is his post was directed at a member who had complained about the language used on here. Although I know the post was in jest theres no guarantee the member in question was going to see it that way so I thought it best be removed in case the other member complains. To be fair compared to other websites we all get away with quite a lot on here but some times you have to draw the line.FFS you know i'm up for a laugh:D but just consider that some people might not share a scaffs sense of humour.Also take into consideration that this is an open forum that anyone can view and that you might have your kids looking over your shoulder when your on here. Yes its called the scaffolders forum but that doesn't mean theres only scaffs looking on here.If anyone thinks this thread as been over moderated contact SF Admin who can make the decision on how we can improve moderators making decisions.

brandy
26th February 2011, 12:13 PM
The sponsor who suggested people refrain from using bad language as its upsetting is not a regular contributor to debate on the forum, 17 posts since Jul 2010, and as far as I'm aware no bad language was directed against him in those 17 posts. I, like the vast majority of forum members welcome and thank him for his sponsorship as without the sponsors the forum could not continue in its present form, but equally without the audience IE.the members the sponsors would not be interested. It is a means and rightly so, for them to reach out to a bigger client base and is beneficial for all on the forum. Every person in all walks of life has particular views on a subject and is entitled to express them, but from a business point of view it's best to stand back and not criticise potential clients without compromising your principles.

steve gregory
26th February 2011, 05:01 PM
Ive only been away a few days and all hell breaks loose .. I havent seen what was posted so i cannot really comment on this situation but Ive taken my fair share of S*** on here in the past and when the wolves are out ian the pack gets bigger. can i change my name to tourettes please.
But i do understand both sides of it. Id just sooner say move on . ADMIN I want TOURETTES please.

celticbhoy
26th February 2011, 05:28 PM
you havent answered aoms question why is there freeloading advertising allowed and on a very regular basis from non sponsers of the forum,ITS IN YOU RULES YOU ROLLED OUT SO READILY LAST NIGHT IAN?????????????

---------- Post added at 05:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:24 PM ----------

STEVE theres no pack of wolves.......ian has moderated a post and kindly reminded us all of the FORUM rules,that are being regularly infringed almost daily LETS NOT HAVE ONE RULE FOR ONE AND ONE FOR ANOTHER..................thats just not fair is it???????????????

philliosmaximus
26th February 2011, 05:30 PM
" HOWL " lol :)

celticbhoy
26th February 2011, 05:35 PM
hhhhhhhhhooooooooooowwwwwwwwwlllllllllllllllllllll llllllll

26th February 2011, 05:37 PM
you havent answered aoms question why is there freeloading advertising allowed and on a very regular basis from non sponsers of the forum,ITS IN YOU RULES YOU ROLLED OUT SO READILY LAST NIGHT IAN?????????????

---------- Post added at 05:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:24 PM ----------

STEVE theres no pack of wolves.......ian has moderated a post and kindly reminded us all of the FORUM rules,that are being regularly infringed almost daily LETS NOT HAVE ONE RULE FOR ONE AND ONE FOR ANOTHER..................thats just not fair is it???????????????

Fair play and Parity is all the working man wants? NO MORE & NO LESS:D

celticbhoy
26th February 2011, 05:42 PM
only looking for fairness dave no point raming rules down peoples throats when they dont adhere to them fully themselves.

paddy carr
26th February 2011, 05:46 PM
Night night all, i am taking this bad girl to bed now,:eek: Pity i cant smoke when finished though. Any deals on high grade Tomatoes,greatly appreciated.

26th February 2011, 05:47 PM
Quite right Sir, as i said we only want fairness parity & consistancey

steve gregory
26th February 2011, 05:54 PM
Night night all, i am taking this bad girl to bed now,:eek: Pity i cant smoke when finished though. Any deals on high grade Tomatoes,greatly appreciated.

pm me paddy for gardening tips.

celticbhoy
26th February 2011, 05:57 PM
dave i like your style mate very FAIR MINDED........i like that.

allan666
26th February 2011, 06:10 PM
haha what a thread . so can i swear now ?

steve gregory
26th February 2011, 06:11 PM
no allan you F***in carnt.lol

allan666
26th February 2011, 06:28 PM
i rather enjoy posting on this fabulous forum . splendid . i shall be playing chess tonight .retire to my room at a wholly decent hour . i will rise bright and early tommorow when i will engage in an 8 mile power walk followed by cheering on the local cricket team. i will be volunteering at the local soup kitchen 2 till 4 then having dry bread for my evening meal . my wonderful children will then recite from the bible before i leave for evening mass . if im home on time i would rather like to view that amazing program the antiques road show . failing that im sure there will be some thing just as exhillerating on the history channel . >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>hows that , am i the sort you want on here now ?

celticbhoy
26th February 2011, 06:34 PM
better watch the heritics may come back and censor you lol.

steve gregory
26th February 2011, 06:34 PM
no it should be allah.lol

26th February 2011, 06:41 PM
i rather enjoy posting on this fabulous forum . splendid . i shall be playing chess tonight .retire to my room at a wholly decent hour . i will rise bright and early tommorow when i will engage in an 8 mile power walk followed by cheering on the local cricket team. i will be volunteering at the local soup kitchen 2 till 4 then having dry bread for my evening meal . my wonderful children will then recite from the bible before i leave for evening mass . if im home on time i would rather like to view that amazing program the antiques road show . failing that im sure there will be some thing just as exhillerating on the history channel . >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>hows that , am i the sort you want on here now ?

Allan your a Working Class Hero, and thers no getting away from it. (Keep Garn):D

paddy carr
26th February 2011, 06:45 PM

A legend, and a Geordie legend at that, Mutts knutts, mate;)

celticbhoy
26th February 2011, 07:08 PM
a love it when es been the cheap offie oan a saturday night lol the rest is history pmsl.

philliosmaximus
26th February 2011, 07:14 PM
we wouldnt have you any other way allan

brandy
26th February 2011, 07:17 PM
Paddy if you have any old debris netting Stokseyboy will sort you out with a few.

celticbhoy
26th February 2011, 07:21 PM
lol

paddy carr
26th February 2011, 07:22 PM
Paddy if you have any old debris netting Stokseyboy will sort you out with a few.

5xrolls of brand new debris netting,will swap for Nicotine enhanced tomatoes, ASAP.

brandy
26th February 2011, 07:52 PM
5xrolls of brand new debris netting,will swap for Nicotine enhanced tomatoes, ASAP.
Paddy, your in a bad way, now mind no swearing.

aom
27th February 2011, 01:23 AM

Quality allan666, I thought for a minute you were never going to kick in.:laugh:

allan666
27th February 2011, 03:26 PM
aw thanks lads , now fook off

jakdan
27th February 2011, 08:50 PM
aw thanks lads , now fook off

class

frederik
27th February 2011, 09:22 PM
:cool:Did I read that right Allan???? Has cricket season kicked off so soon??? Must be very Testing conditions.:nuts: Humpty Dumpty lol

SF Admin
2nd March 2011, 11:02 AM
Hi All

I'm busy for a couple of days and all this kicks off!

I stand by Ian's decision to remove that post as I would have done so myself.

You all know that I leave well alone if possible and let a lot slide. I am not a prood and accept that bad language will be used and generally the banter is fine.

You have to remember all of the mods are giving up their time free of charge in order to help make the forum a better place for everyone.

I am sure forum sponsors can look after themselves, but lets keep this a place that organisations want to sponsors.

celticbhoy
2nd March 2011, 05:55 PM
ok admin fair enough so when are we all going to start to burn books whisper when we talk etc,as far as i could see there was a total over-reaction,rules should only be brought out by unblemished fellows not heritics.

aom
2nd March 2011, 08:01 PM
I also take your point admin but if you are going to gather enough scaffs in the one room you are going to have to take the consequences. This is not a forum for girl guides and you have posted a couple of times now that we and we alone are responsible for our own posts. The moderators were never in question to my mind just the fact I have never liked being told what to do rightly or wrongly and felt it was a step too far. It is just as well the agencies never paid to advertise their services or we would have nothing left to discuss.

superscaff75
2nd March 2011, 10:17 PM
HaHa I only just found this now , I wondered what that moderator thread was gannin on about lol So this is what I missed over wkend

I was stood outside boozer having a smoke, when a chap in a wheelchair stopped an asked me why I smoked when I didnt need to.

I replied " Why are you wearing fcukin trainers " :nuts:

celticbhoy
3rd March 2011, 08:35 AM
hahahah old one that super,have you paid to advertise your jokes mate?

dico
3rd March 2011, 11:54 AM
The sponsor who suggested people refrain from using bad language as its upsetting is not a regular contributor to debate on the forum, 17 posts since Jul 2010, and as far as I'm aware no bad language was directed against him in those 17 posts. I, like the vast majority of forum members welcome and thank him for his sponsorship as without the sponsors the forum could not continue in its present form, but equally without the audience IE.the members the sponsors would not be interested. It is a means and rightly so, for them to reach out to a bigger client base and is beneficial for all on the forum. Every person in all walks of life has particular views on a subject and is entitled to express them, but from a business point of view it's best to stand back and not criticise potential clients without compromising your principles.

it would be beter to have another 5,000 normal scaffolders join the forum and have the crack as this is what scaffolders do than have one person moan about a bit of harmless fun

frederik
3rd March 2011, 08:36 PM
This thread has certainly upset a lot of people for one reason or another and looks like its going to rumble on a bit. Last week I could feel the tension,and it spilled over a bit into other threads...Question is ,how can this be resolved?....There may be an easy solution,but nothings easy with a lot of people with different views....Its like a football match,we all see the same thing,but no one agrees with what the refs decision. Can I make a suggestion... How about more than one complaint required too edit a post. Now shoot me to pieces or add another solution.Looking forward to a luverly weekend.cheers:cool:

aom
3rd March 2011, 08:49 PM
Hi Frederick, I think that sounds a fair enough idea except Ian was right to moderate it if Admin has backed him. I didn't agree with it then and I don't agree with it now, however if that is how admin see's it we must abide by it but bear it in mind when sponsors are vetted within the forum.

brandy
3rd March 2011, 08:51 PM
Seems a bit more democratic.

frederik
3rd March 2011, 08:58 PM
Hallooo AOM,very diplomatic reply mate,then admin will have to live with the backlash.

aom
3rd March 2011, 09:38 PM
I didn't mean to sound as though I was sitting on the fence but I do think it is time to put this one to bed once and for all. It stopped being about the one post a while back and like most other facets of the working man's life it became just another example of being told to keep quiet and accept your lot. Not my style if I'm honest but I'm starting to get good at it now.

celticbhoy
3rd March 2011, 09:44 PM
am afraid am the opposite aom i cant bear to see good folk chastised,its like a bully id never stand and watch a bully,bully that would make me as bad as he in my book.

SF Admin
4th March 2011, 09:52 AM
All I can say is this could go on and on, a decision regarding 1 post has been made and that it as far as I can see.

I try not to interfere whenever possible and I think you will find that the moderators will very rarely edit or delete posts unless they feel the need.

If there is anything that anyone wants to get of their chests the please send me a pm or an email and I will do my best to sort it for you.

Best Regards

SF Admin

celticbhoy
4th March 2011, 04:20 PM
sound admin im burying this now as i know the lad has other issues to deal with,but debate is healthy.