Cecol scaffolders (1 Viewer)

yea a was a bircham bhoy.........didnt last the year though p1sh boring no dosh fcuk that a said bk to sgb,suspended me for 3weeks........was back at work in 3days a think nowt wrong with the course just me was too impatient to earn before a learn lol.

is there any cecol scaffolders on the forum

this was the best scaffolders course

[ 3 years of hard work]
Load of bullocks mate.
3 years in controlled conditions that are nothing like the conditions experienced on site.
The best training was site experience including Part 1, Part 2 and Advanced at the recommended times during the 3 year training.
Just like I did with Mills when Olefines 6 was being built.

yes lads your right site is and always will be best,i didnt last the course because i loved the site work too much,but was lovely to get your tickets that quick WHICH WAS WRONG no way was i ready to do some of them courses.

when i first started for g,k,n it was only the gaffers kids who got on the cecol courses And when they came out they were put with a good part 2 who would keep them right they got the advanced money while a part 2 did all the thinking Whats wrong with the way it was always done labour couple of years then if you were keen u got on the spanners after a couple of years u got made up few more years u got your advanced that way all the waste of spaces were soon found out and were got rid ov Some of the f*c/rs now wouldnt have made the grade back then I pity the game in 20 yrs time Thats why i think the forum is a good place Some were the young,uns can get a bit of help from some old campaners Thats my rant for the week Now ime going to the pub ime getting the first round in

Last edited:
is there any cecol scaffolders on the forum

this was the best scaffolders course

[ 3 years of hard work]

I was half lined up !! to go on the C-COL course with Palmers Manchester branch with a guarantee of work on the construction of the Trafford Centre , so got my hopes and then out of the blue management buy out ,shut the branch because of ££millions££ for the depot and land for development GKN Kwikform won T C and I never did the course :-(

I was half lined up !! to go on the C-COL course with Palmers Manchester branch with a guarantee of work on the construction of the Trafford Centre , so got my hopes and then out of the blue management buy out ,shut the branch because of ££millions££ for the depot and land for development GKN Kwikform won T C and I never did the course :-(
But it looks like you have still made a living in the game mate.

I was at Cecol Gang S42, i was there with DSL ,thought it was a good experience for a green 16 year old.I received my basic after 3 years then applied for my advanced 3 years later.when you came out of college you had to start again & you were put in your place by the old hands, I don't believe in the fast track training lads are doing now,scaffolders in no time at all without a clue about scaffolding it's getting scary out there.

But it looks like you have still made a living in the game mate.

Oh yes pal to some tune , I did part 1,2. & advanced at training 2000 Blackburn , taught me jack 5hit lucky for me I got my knowledge from one of the best (he knows who he is ) , did supervisor course at UTN Wakefield the only thing I learnt/enjoyed was the estimating instructor shown us how to do it with a pen and pad with all different formulas then at the end he said we would never use it as everyone uses a computer programe !!!
Why we wasn't shown a demo on his laptop I will never know.

For me the courses need a serious overhaul .

I was at Cecol Gang S42, i was there with DSL ,thought it was a good experience for a green 16 year old.I received my basic after 3 years then applied for my advanced 3 years later.when you came out of college you had to start again & you were put in your place by the old hands, I don't believe in the fast track training lads are doing now,scaffolders in no time at all without a clue about scaffolding it's getting scary out there.
you got it right there brother

Top Bottom