PTLLS Course (1 Viewer)

poacher turned gamekeeper

Reaction score
Hi has anyone completed the Preparing to teach in the lifelong learning sector course (PTLLS Level 4), I have been accepted by the local college the PTLLS course is the first rung on the teaching / training ladder, 3 hours a week over 14 weeks, costs £290. any information or advice would be much appreciated.

Hi David,

I didn't do this course as it supersceded the qualification I have, City & Guilds 7407 stage 1 & 2.

However, this course is the old 7303, which is almost an introduction to teaching, not the full qualification.

Here is more detail on it.

Mind you, on expanding one of those menus, it does say you could go on to be a Training Instructor (how that differs from being a teacher, I don't know - my qual is only for teaching post 16).

I am sure the assignments won't be so involved as the ones I did (3000 essay type things, of which I remember nothing!). And you will, I am sure, learn quite a bit but these courses can be deathly dull boring!

However, a necessary evil if you wish to teach as really, nowadays, anyone teaching should hold a teaching qualification.

You will have to have some practical teaching time lined up that will be observed and I think it may be down to you to organise that.

Good luck!

Hi David,

I didn't do this course as it supersceded the qualification I have, City & Guilds 7407 stage 1 & 2.

However, this course is the old 7303, which is almost an introduction to teaching, not the full qualification.

Here is more detail on it.

Mind you, on expanding one of those menus, it does say you could go on to be a Training Instructor (how that differs from being a teacher, I don't know - my qual is only for teaching post 16).

I am sure the assignments won't be so involved as the ones I did (3000 essay type things, of which I remember nothing!). And you will, I am sure, learn quite a bit but these courses can be deathly dull boring!

However, a necessary evil if you wish to teach as really, nowadays, anyone teaching should hold a teaching qualification.

You will have to have some practical teaching time lined up that will be observed and I think it may be down to you to organise that.

Good luck!

Thanks for that piece of info, I was looking to gain the PTLLS to enable me to potentially became an Instructor as opposed to being a teacher. Thanks again. Dave.:bigsmile:

Glad to help, Dave... lol I just read back 3000 essays... :eek:, I meant 3000 word essays!!

Top Bottom