Real PIX from Warri...Prouldly Nigerian...

Reaction score
Just few Pix for You...Broparapas,and those who wanted to know what kind of scaffolds i deal with...lol...funny scaffolders family....

Attachments

• 29052010(01)a.jpg
    29052010(01)a.jpg
    95 KB · Views: 352
  • 30092010009.jpg
    30092010009.jpg
    91.4 KB · Views: 319
  • Image0592.jpg
    Image0592.jpg
    96.7 KB · Views: 324
They look tidy enough ninja but they wouldn't do here I'm afraid, I suppose you already know that. Excuse my ignorance, but are you local or an ex-pat? The only reason I ask is it would be interesting to know your background and compare notes on how you see scaffolds here. Please don't take this as disparaging in any way just looking for information sharing.

Thanks AOM,No please Non taken, you see just the same way your looking for information, thats the same way i am, and doing this is good, like i said, been at it for 6 months now,and i'm Local,there is a you tube video on Nigerian scaffolds and it was funny,lol ,and i was asked if thats what i do too, so i had to put some of them up for all to see,to tell you the truth,i really wanna know what works out there...and more...so you can send me a message here since i'm still trying to understand how this site works...thanks

Last edited:
I saw the video and to be honest laughed at it as well as it is a throw back to a bygone age. The scaffolding industry has moved on in this country and if you truly want to learn new skills I believe you are in the right place. I think the very basic principle we must work to is that it must be impossible for these structures to fall down and additional attention must be made when tying these jobs in to the building. Secondly it must be impossible for anything to fall from the scaffolds and the very minimum is a board on edge forming a toe board on the outside edge to contain any debris. Thirdly, it must be impossible for the scaffolder to fall whilst erecting the scaffold and must be able to erect from behind a hand rail at all times. There might be some information I could pm you.

aom when you think you and the ninja will chip in and uncover the treasure of his ancestors,i hope your bank details are safe with the wife lol.

haha, I was hoping he is genuine enough but wasn't planning to pm my account details.

Assuming he is genuine have you any handy hints on how to improve his jobs?

yes mate strip them and send in big rig and boringparaps,hed get a start up st fergus by the look of some of them though.

Oh well, I did try. In the interest of information sharing I will kick it off:

Lesson 1: The brace on the 3rd picture would be better if it was closer to a node point. From as close as possible to the bottom lift to as close as possible to the underside of the next lift and certainly within 300mm of your ledger double(Node Point).

Ninja send email and will send some sample drawing shut help you understand what a correct job is ment to look like.
They are a copy of the drawns given to trainee / basic citb course

2. Might be an idea not to use an extension ladder in the 3rd photo and if you have to use one that is long enough :)

Didn't want to hit him with that too early phill.:eek: what about the ladder in pic 1?

Any way I digress, my intention was to try and educate not rip the micky.

Well I think fair play to the lad he wants to learn and fair play to AOM and Andyf8686 for helping him out, Would send him on training notes and the like but my computer skills let me down on that score.

my old supervisor used to say if it wobbles stick a ladder up if it still wobbles stick a ladder up the other side shunter parkin the singing supervisor a real gentlman

my old supervisor used to say if it wobbles stick a ladder up if it still wobbles stick a ladder up the other side shunter parkin the singing supervisor a real gentlman

Ha ha my mate used to say a dogs balls wobble when he walks, but they dont fall off.

Not criticizing, but that temporary roof in pic (1) has me puzzled,

Top Bottom