PDA

View Full Version : Real PIX from Warri...Prouldly Nigerian...

scaffolderninja
19th February 2011, 08:51 PM
Just few Pix for You...Broparapas,and those who wanted to know what kind of scaffolds i deal with...lol...funny scaffolders family....

aom
19th February 2011, 09:19 PM
They look tidy enough ninja but they wouldn't do here I'm afraid, I suppose you already know that. Excuse my ignorance, but are you local or an ex-pat? The only reason I ask is it would be interesting to know your background and compare notes on how you see scaffolds here. Please don't take this as disparaging in any way just looking for information sharing.

scaffolderninja
19th February 2011, 09:33 PM
Thanks AOM,No please Non taken, you see just the same way your looking for information, thats the same way i am, and doing this is good, like i said, been at it for 6 months now,and i'm Local,there is a you tube video on Nigerian scaffolds and it was funny,lol ,and i was asked if thats what i do too, so i had to put some of them up for all to see,to tell you the truth,i really wanna know what works out there...and more...so you can send me a message here since i'm still trying to understand how this site works...thanks

aom
19th February 2011, 09:44 PM
I saw the video and to be honest laughed at it as well as it is a throw back to a bygone age. The scaffolding industry has moved on in this country and if you truly want to learn new skills I believe you are in the right place. I think the very basic principle we must work to is that it must be impossible for these structures to fall down and additional attention must be made when tying these jobs in to the building. Secondly it must be impossible for anything to fall from the scaffolds and the very minimum is a board on edge forming a toe board on the outside edge to contain any debris. Thirdly, it must be impossible for the scaffolder to fall whilst erecting the scaffold and must be able to erect from behind a hand rail at all times. There might be some information I could pm you.

celticbhoy
20th February 2011, 09:01 AM
aom when you think you and the ninja will chip in and uncover the treasure of his ancestors,i hope your bank details are safe with the wife lol.

aom
20th February 2011, 10:10 AM
haha, I was hoping he is genuine enough but wasn't planning to pm my account details.

Assuming he is genuine have you any handy hints on how to improve his jobs?

andyf8686
20th February 2011, 10:16 AM
All looks good to let me no when you want it tagged LOL

celticbhoy
20th February 2011, 10:17 AM
yes mate strip them and send in big rig and boringparaps,hed get a start up st fergus by the look of some of them though.

aom
20th February 2011, 10:29 AM
Oh well, I did try. In the interest of information sharing I will kick it off:

Lesson 1: The brace on the 3rd picture would be better if it was closer to a node point. From as close as possible to the bottom lift to as close as possible to the underside of the next lift and certainly within 300mm of your ledger double(Node Point).

andyf8686
20th February 2011, 10:33 AM
Ninja send email and will send some sample drawing shut help you understand what a correct job is ment to look like.
They are a copy of the drawns given to trainee / basic citb course

philliosmaximus
20th February 2011, 10:41 AM
2. Might be an idea not to use an extension ladder in the 3rd photo and if you have to use one that is long enough :)

aom
20th February 2011, 10:44 AM
Didn't want to hit him with that too early phill.:eek: what about the ladder in pic 1?

Any way I digress, my intention was to try and educate not rip the micky.

brandy
20th February 2011, 10:49 AM
Well I think fair play to the lad he wants to learn and fair play to AOM and Andyf8686 for helping him out, Would send him on training notes and the like but my computer skills let me down on that score.

skooko
20th February 2011, 11:47 AM
my old supervisor used to say if it wobbles stick a ladder up if it still wobbles stick a ladder up the other side shunter parkin the singing supervisor a real gentlman

allan666
20th February 2011, 11:50 AM
mate there cr*p

andyf8686
20th February 2011, 12:01 PM
Still waiting for email address of him

paddy carr
20th February 2011, 12:05 PM
my old supervisor used to say if it wobbles stick a ladder up if it still wobbles stick a ladder up the other side shunter parkin the singing supervisor a real gentlman

Ha ha my mate used to say a dogs balls wobble when he walks, but they dont fall off.

SSSTSAdvScaff
20th February 2011, 01:46 PM
No ones noticed the hemps are not staggered! Gross misconduct on a few firms up here...immediate dismissal!

brandy
20th February 2011, 02:36 PM
Not criticizing, but that temporary roof in pic (1) has me puzzled,

allan666
20th February 2011, 03:38 PM
whats the scaffold in pic 1 doing . it doesnt seem to be helping the roof . is that a scafftag at the bottom . definetly a nasc accredited firm put that one up

celticbhoy
20th February 2011, 06:18 PM
lol funny.pmsl

Garry Adams
20th February 2011, 07:55 PM
A couple of pix from Escravos Project Niger Delta...

celticbhoy
20th February 2011, 07:59 PM
nice crows nest mate cant spot the bold yin though lol.

Garry Adams
20th February 2011, 08:08 PM
Celticbhoy

Aye, ye cana see him for the toe boards, with the absence of lashings for the boards the Bold yin is holding the boards down with his back---skelffs on the back of the coveralls a dead give away eh PMSL :eek:

celticbhoy
20th February 2011, 08:16 PM
pmsl couple of years ago id have belived that lol.

Garry Adams
20th February 2011, 08:20 PM
Celtic

Aye, it's a nice wee nest up there eh---nae need for a habitat there though---jist get the Sun Tan Oil and the knotted hankie oot, Oh aye and a pillow PMSL...

celticbhoy
20th February 2011, 08:32 PM
and you knocked it back lol hows the weather in the granite city lol.

Garry Adams
20th February 2011, 08:36 PM
Celtic

Cold enough for two feckin vests Man :sick:

---------- Post added at 09:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:35 PM ----------

mi nose is runnin faster that I can drink it:cry:

celticbhoy
20th February 2011, 08:38 PM
hahahahah oh pmsl.

Garry Adams
20th February 2011, 08:43 PM
aye---still as Mad as a Dog---feck sake I only needed to step on the plane eh---300 a day and all the trimmings---feckin Mad Dog :nuts:

scaffolderninja
21st February 2011, 03:17 AM
ok man...thanks

---------- Post added at 04:50 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:47 AM ----------

aom when you think you and the ninja will chip in and uncover the treasure of his ancestors,i hope your bank details are safe with the wife lol.

Ha Ha Ha...funny Man,i Love these Jokes....i can even learn more without going out of my country,so tell me man,is that all you think about Nigerians?

---------- Post added at 05:00 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:50 AM ----------

thanks Guys for all the Help and jokes...about me being for real or not,these pictures are not completed Jobs,as at the point of shooting them,but i am most grateful for the tips,its been really helpful,and lol i hope all the mockery and jokes stay here on scaffolders Forum,i am about giving out my email add,please guys only serious mails,ok? lol....the thoughts of getting some of your jokes isn't going to allow me give my email here,so please fella's if you need my email only for more help on how i can improve,please send a private message and i will send it to you,and celtic dude,please i'm genuine ok man,lol...funny dude.thanks Guys i do appreciate.

---------- Post added at 05:17 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:00 AM ----------

And i will always shoot pix of some jobs when completed from now on since i know i do have you guys to scrutinize and more,of the jobs here in Nigeria...

celticbhoy
21st February 2011, 05:07 AM
hi ninja ive had the aquaintance of one nigerian to date my daughters best friends boyfriend lovely bloke so i thought hes now doing a 3er for bank fraud,credit card fraud,impersonating other people and demanding money with menace.to think ive had that lovely chap around my family wont happen again,not saying all your countrymen are like that but thats one out of one mate.

---------- Post added at 06:07 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:02 AM ----------

gary you know as well as me one door closes another opens,lets hope the melee mob from RGB are squirming very soon lol.now that day i want to be around for gar.

scaffolderninja
21st February 2011, 10:42 PM
hi ninja ive had the aquaintance of one nigerian to date my daughters best friends boyfriend lovely bloke so i thought hes now doing a 3er for bank fraud,credit card fraud,impersonating other people and demanding money with menace.to think ive had that lovely chap around my family wont happen again,not saying all your countrymen are like that but thats one out of one mate.

---------- Post added at 06:07 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:02 AM ----------

gary you know as well as me one door closes another opens,lets hope the melee mob from RGB are squirming very soon lol.now that day i want to be around for gar.

Hi Celticboy...serves Him right man,and everyman should be responsible for their actions,am a proud Nigerian,and its Chaps like that, that gives My HomeLand the name she's got,and i do know you will never allow such thing happen again...so can i give my email now,bcox truthfully,you are the only reason i haven't given my email here,so i can be given the much needed help?
anyways... onwugbenu101@yahoo.com...thanks to all..lol...expecting all the handouts

tinheads
3rd August 2011, 05:46 PM
Not criticizing, but that temporary roof in pic (1) has me puzzled,

the roof isn't a temp m8, looks like its part of the main structure thats being built, for a start ninja in pic 1 there isn't any bracing at all (facade or ledger), most contractors over here prefer a separate ladder bay or staircase and its mandatory to have a double handrail AND toeboard.

A standard scaffold should be facade braced every 30m and at the ends, ledger braced every second set of standards.

It would be a lot easier to erect and work on if it was 5 boards wide as well, as opposed to the 3 board run you're showing

these are just for your run of the mill jobs, not a special purpose scaffold

Gazzar
8th August 2011, 01:13 PM
your works shocking dude, plz dont come to NZ.

Jason-Gibbs
8th August 2011, 05:11 PM
your works shocking dude, plz dont come to NZ.

Not the neatest of jobs, i must say.
What kind of training is offered in Nigeria?

Having said that, ive seen MUCH MUCH worse in this country by apparently CITB trained 'Scaffolders'...