New system training (1 Viewer)

daz

Reaction score
On a previous thread its been stated that it is now neccesary to obtain a ticket to be competent to erect Kwikstage,Layher,or Cuplock.Obviously its just another ripoff to wring a bit more dosh out of everybody,but the one thing that is wrong is the fact anybody could apply to do the course,but it can only be off use to a already ticketed scaff,the reason is that it doesnt entitle the newly ticketed person to use tube and fit,meaning that if the local baker fancies doing the course,and obtains the ticket he is still up **** creek as in most cases tube and fit along with hiltis will be needed to form the tying in of the structure,or have the course advisors found a way around this little problem.

so does this system course cover erection on different ground conditions or even simple stuff like sloping ground, if not then as stated above it can only be of use to experienced qualified people, the same people that have already been putting this crap up since they brought it out, so what the hell is the point of the course

The only reason for the courses is so they can make more money out of us.
This government have created a monster with health/safety and we help fund it with all the idiotic schemes that get foisted upon us.
We now work in an enviroment where using common sense is frowned upon because they know best.

One of the boys i'd been speaking to onsite who had pt2 kwikstage card said that when it came to building the truss out on his assessment the horse was already built out of kwikstage? and then used beams out of the window?
What did they lace and brace the beams with???
Wait for it......
And my NVQ tube and fitting portfolio evidence could be handed in with pictures of system scaffolding jobs i have worked on???

I wonder if i'd put in a picture of a 3 board bracket that would have qualified as a cantilever:D

The lunatics have taken over the asylum!!!

Jist before Christmas I went on a cuplock course two days. They really only want you in and out , show you the brochure check you've paid. Go base and all done runaway and tell all your friends. Dear,dear,dear .

I would say our firm is about 50/50 split with t&f and cup-loc. Never ever has it entered my head to send anybody for cup-loc specific training. It,s been a while since I had to go to Hillington but all the young boys are telling me they do a day or two on different types of system when doing their t&f training so surely they must already be deemed competent. I have never been dug for it but if memory serves it's quoted as a block on their certs.

We rarely use cup lok but i'm chasing a job abroad training the locals how to scaffold in t&f they also require training in cup lok hence the need for a cert on my cv I have since found out that SGB do the course for about £100.

Right enough Willie,

Have heard that GB have there own trainers in the yards, thought they would only be for their own lads.

Better keep this post on the D/L then or they might start bumping up their price!

in ireland which use kwick stage on just about every job erected,you only have to say you have been working in the scaffold industry for 6months then go on a course for 7days and you come out with a card wait 12months go on another 10day course on tube and fitting and get a advanced card,but for yrs the irish lads using kwick stage did not need a card and vast majority where very good at erecting kwickstage, some bright spark found a way of making money and decided you had to have a card to erect it so ence the course (£800)what they then done was introduce at the end of the course 30 questions in a exam suddenly these guys who for years erected it with out any mishaps suddenly where out of work for not getting a possible 21 out of 30 answers correct.

Top Bottom