CISRS Skills Test (1 Viewer)

simian

Reaction score
Is everyone aware of the new CISRS Skills test for Part 2 and Advanced?

As per usual you do your course, Part 1,2 or Advanced.

You complete your NVQ.

You come back for a skills test now not an assessment, it is one day for part 2 and 2 days for advanced.

So when applying for your card you must have a part 1 and 2 cert plus nvq2 and skills test cert.

For advanced same again, Adv cert, NVQ3 cert and 2 day skills test.

for reference it is page 27 of the new CAP 609. It is downloadable from CISRS - the industry recognised scaffold training scheme
IF

In one way its not a bad thing so long as it is actually failable, will help sort the chancers out.

but it is more than likely it will just be extra cost that no one will fail therefore making cisrs more money and the scaffolding industry no safer or better off

Part 2 assessment is one day. The difference now is where you work in a gang you will need to base and put a first lift in on your own. No hiding place.

if your a part 2 and you cannot base out and put a lift on by the time of your assesment
your in the wrong fu*king game.thats part one stuff.its all about making money? sorry taking money off of men

And how much is this skills test and how long after your nvq can you sit this skills test?

You had to do all the jobs on your own on part 1... same thing innit ?

Don't shoot the messenger here I am just giving the information out. Start a new thread.

If

Sent a guy on his advanced course last week, into his second week now. On moday he rang me half pissed to tell me the instructor never turned up. Rang the instructor who told me he was told he would'nt be doing it monday, but would finish on saturday instead of friday. Rang the guy back and told him and also that he should have been in work monday. Was tempted to say he would'nt be paid for monday but let it go, then he demanded he be paid for saturday or I could go f### myself. Well he wont be paid for saturday or now monday and I wont be f###### myself, but will be having more than a word with.

info needed

I have been working in Australia for four years i have a Advanced ticket Australian issued,i'm back in uk now and have lost my CITB issued Advanced ticket! I phoned Erith and there is no record of me! Does anyone know where i could either swap my ticket or do a esess route to getting a Advanced ticket? The cisrs want me to start from scratch ive been scaffolding for thirteen years surely someone can help me?

you cannot do the assessed route anymore mate.its all about money. part 1,part2.and so on

You put him thru the advanced Brandy, and he said that... fukin sack him mate, and cancel his 2nd week.. ungrateful ****..

You put him thru the advanced Brandy, and he said that... fukin sack him mate, and cancel his 2nd week.. ungrateful ****..
Deb, Was my first thought, but money was paid in advance, and at the moment I need him on a job as advanced, but if his attitude dont change, have plans for him.

I have been working in Australia for four years i have a Advanced ticket Australian issued,i'm back in uk now and have lost my CITB issued Advanced ticket! I phoned Erith and there is no record of me! Does anyone know where i could either swap my ticket or do a esess route to getting a Advanced ticket? The cisrs want me to start from scratch ive been scaffolding for thirteen years surely someone can help me?

I am sorry to here this Willzy...After 12years with my old CITB advanced card leaving a scaffold company, I worked for a engineering company as a contract manager with a CSCS Black managers card for 7 years, now I own a scaffold company, I exchanged my old CITB card for the new gold CRSIS card with no problem at all. All I had to do is download the application form from the CRSRS web site with two passport photo's and my original part 1, part 2 and advanced certs and within a week it came through my door.

Deb, Was my first thought, but money was paid in advance, and at the moment I need him on a job as advanced, but if his attitude dont change, have plans for him.

Brandy what centre is this, PM me if you like

I did my part 2 Assessment last November you have to erect a pavement gantry and sit a written test. it's a 3 man team to build the Gantry i didn't know the other 2 blokes we just mucked in and passed :)

Simian, appreciate your interest, but spoke to the instructor and as it was a bereavement of a relative of his and he had informed the guys on the course that he would be attending the funeral on the monday I accepted that. These things can happen, but thanks anyway.

Just for further information...

The requirement for a SVQ/NVQ assessment 6 months after completing the training has been in place since vocational qualifications where made a mandatory element of the Construction Skills Certification Scheme (CSCS) to which CISRS is affiliated, in 1996.

The VQ level 2 assessment 6 months after the Part 2 has always been 1 day, as far as we are aware, however some centres chose to host this over 2 days.

The Level 3 assessment is still a 2 day assessment due to the more complex nature of the structures used in the assessment.

Previously, if you already had the S/NVQ 2 or 3 you didn't have to come back for the assessment and could apply for your card straight away.

The problem that has arisen and been all too apparant on training courses is that scaffolders had been awarded S/NVQ's through the On Site Assessment and Training (OSAT) Route, who where clearly not competent, by unscrupulous assessment organisations. Therefore, by insisting that all candidates who complete the training attend an assessment in the centre, this should ensure only scaffolders who can demonstrate competence will qualify for a Card.

In essence the scheme hasn't changed, the time in centre is the same and fundamentally the costs should remain the same.

SH

Sent a guy on his advanced course last week, into his second week now. On moday he rang me half pissed to tell me the instructor never turned up. Rang the instructor who told me he was told he would'nt be doing it monday, but would finish on saturday instead of friday. Rang the guy back and told him and also that he should have been in work monday. Was tempted to say he would'nt be paid for monday but let it go, then he demanded he be paid for saturday or I could go f### myself. Well he wont be paid for saturday or now monday and I wont be f###### myself, but will be having more than a word with.
lol you can see him now in the pub giving it the big un lol

Top Bottom