PDA

View Full Version : How Can The Scaffolders Forum Improve?

SF Admin
24th February 2010, 11:30 AM
Since the forum was launched in September 2009, we have had a phenomenal response with nearly 600 scaffolders signing up and over 3000 posts being made.

The forum was designed and created by me and at the time I did the best that I could with the limited industry knowledge that I have.

However now I would love to hear your suggestions on how the forum could be made even better.

What works well and what doesn't?
What new features would you like?
Would you like some new sections, or are there too many?

Once you have all made your suggestions, I will create a poll for you to vote whether or not the suggestions should be implemented.

All suggestions will be taken into consideration and are appreciated!

Best Regards

SF Admin

scaff
24th February 2010, 08:57 PM
Great job so far SF Admin

I will have a ponder to see if there can be changes made

PW
25th February 2010, 10:02 AM
I would echo scaff's comments

Great Site, Great Content.

Perhaps the foreign scaff section could be rolled into one as it doesnt seem to be used too often?

In regard to features: I would like the Forum to provide me with an 18 year old female nubile blond with a very broad mind!!??? :love:

But I dont suppose your budget can stretch to that eh?? :sad:

paddy carr
10th April 2010, 09:46 PM
Hi SF admin

How feasible would it be to notify members in social groups, regarding new 'Posts'? in their particular group as the same scenario as the normal forum?

Regards
Paddy

SF Admin
12th April 2010, 09:26 AM
Hi Paddy

I don't think it is possible as I think it would be setup as standard, however I will have a look into it.

Regards

SF Admin

Collo
15th April 2010, 10:11 PM
Since the forum was launched in September 2009, we have had a phenomenal response with nearly 600 scaffolders signing up and over 3000 posts being made.

The forum was designed and created by me and at the time I did the best that I could with the limited industry knowledge that I have.

However now I would love to hear your suggestions on how the forum could be made even better.

Once you have all made your suggestions, I will create a poll for you to vote whether or not the suggestions should be implemented.

Best Regards

SF Admin

Would it be possible to have a top viewed column along similar lines to hottest threads? As not everybody contibutes but it would give an idea of what people are finding interesting.

---------- Post added at 10:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:20 PM ----------

Hi SF Admin

How feasible would it be to be able to search users by location and not just name. This would enable a search for users in your own area.

Thanks

Collo

Flynn Design Solutions
15th April 2010, 10:44 PM
Would it be possible to have a top viewed column along similar lines to hottest threads? As not everybody contibutes but it would give an idea of what people are finding interesting

This is definately a good idea, is it possible???

grim72
16th April 2010, 08:25 AM
Is this not already there? Check the bottom of the home page.

SF Admin
16th April 2010, 09:54 AM
Hi Colllo

Thanks for your suggestions!

1. We could have a top viewed threads list but it would have to replace hottest threads.

I don't know what the general consensus is, but if people want it then the change can be made quite easily.

2. Searching by location would be great but is not be possible as the search function cannot be modified in anyway.

Regards

SF Admin

Would it be possible to have a top viewed column along similar lines to hottest threads? As not everybody contibutes but it would give an idea of what people are finding interesting.

---------- Post added at 10:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:20 PM ----------

Hi SF Admin

How feasible would it be to be able to search users by location and not just name. This would enable a search for users in your own area.

Thanks

Collo

Flynn Design Solutions
20th April 2010, 04:11 PM
Hi SF Admin,

Is there any way of speeding up, or removing altogether, the delays once items have been posted.

For example, I have a PM waiting for me as I type and have been waiting to get to it since I got a notification email (for about 1hr 20 minutes).

It is the same when a new post is put onto a thread I am subscribed to, I get the notification email and go onto the forum but its not there if I am too quick.

SF Admin
20th April 2010, 04:29 PM
Hi There

I wonder if anybody else is having these problems as the notifications are only activated once the the post / pm is there?

Is anyone else experiencing these delays?

Regards

SF Admin

Hi SF Admin,

Is there any way of speeding up, or removing altogether, the delays once items have been posted.

For example, I have a PM waiting for me as I type and have been waiting to get to it since I got a notification email (for about 1hr 20 minutes).

It is the same when a new post is put onto a thread I am subscribed to, I get the notification email and go onto the forum but its not there if I am too quick.

TAC
20th April 2010, 04:33 PM
Hi SF Admin,

It's just a thought,
but I would like to see which members are viewing the same thread as you are (just been nosy) and how many guest are looking.
I know it shows how many viewers are looking at what subject group.
Hope you can understand this.

Best regards,

SF Admin
20th April 2010, 04:44 PM
Hi Tac

I am pretty sure that this is possible. I will take a look into it!

Regards

SF Admin

Hi SF Admin,

It's just a thought,
but I would like to see which members are viewing the same thread as you are (just been nosy) and how many guest are looking.
I know it shows how many viewers are looking at what subject group.
Hope you can understand this.

Best regards,

daz
20th April 2010, 05:53 PM
Get the bloody digital clock put to the right time on the home page,been driving me mad since the clocks changed lol.:D

SF Admin
21st April 2010, 09:04 AM
Hi Daz

Do you mean the one at the bottom of the page?

If so I have no control over it and it displays the correct time to me.

Regards

SF Admin

Get the bloody digital clock put to the right time on the home page,been driving me mad since the clocks changed lol.:D

Gary Day Associates
12th May 2010, 08:24 PM

You need to change your forum options to the correct time.

Go to quick links (look up to the right)

Select Edit Options

Scroll down and change the time format to the following:

http://www.scaffoldersforum.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=114&stc=1&d=1273692246

Hope that helps,

James

aom
15th June 2010, 11:49 PM
After re-reading some of my and other posts I think a spell checker that us thicko's don't have to down load would be a great help.:D

Flynn Design Solutions
16th June 2010, 02:39 PM
Hi SF Admin,

I think that having a group on LinkedIn that directs people to this site would help. I have had a look on there for scaffold groups but there isnt much and definately isnt one for scaffold professionals... even the NASC arent on there yet (but SIA from USA is!!!).

Just a thought...

hemper
13th September 2012, 08:49 PM
How about a chat room rather than messaging could work out faster if it's possible

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Jason-Gibbs
14th September 2012, 05:45 AM

Best Regards

SF Admin

A good way to improve it is to get rid of the melts who have started using it now... seems that alot of the older members dont use it anymore due to newer members acting like priicks on here.

jonnybegood
14th September 2012, 06:34 AM
A good way to improve it is to get rid of the melts who have started using it now... seems that alot of the older members dont use it anymore due to newer members acting like priicks on here.

You ran all the old timers from here...so I think you should be the first (melt..ha) to get terminated

Jason-Gibbs
14th September 2012, 07:04 AM
I ran them out? seems that most upped and left AFTER me.
Terminate my account if Admin wants - i dont give a monkies.

MANY older members will agree with me about the Forum.
Too much bitchiness, bickering and spitefulness. Bigger Women here then on wwww.Expectant-Mums.com.

bouffont kid
14th September 2012, 07:14 AM
wow whats with Gibbo.
Did some one put him on target yesterday(the day work kid is dead long live the price work)

BetterTAX
14th September 2012, 08:48 AM
As with all forums there will be dips and troughs, highs and lows. We have just had a particularly busy time with the Olympics and Paras together with some brilliant weather. It's also been the summer holidays.

The cold winter months tend to see a busier forum.

Having said that, many topics have been around the block a few times and the older (not in age, guys ;)) members have probably answered the same question a dozen times. After awhile, you can't be bothered and you leave it to someone else.

Having said that, not many new topics have been coming up, apart from the job search question from new members, which I kknow rattles many regular users but at least they posted!

There was a period a few months back of nasty (I know many here would call it banter, but that's just blowing smoke :() picking on certain member/s and I think that sadly did drive some of the old guard away.

So moving forward, as we keep saying, all members need to try and contribute, however small your "voice" might be. When the old fellas move on, the newer members need to jump into the breech to keep converstaion bouyant and lively.

Chat has been asked for many times and I think it's been explained before that it is costly and too difficult to monitor. (Admin?)

As we head into autumn I am sure things will liven up again. All I'd ask is that you exercise a little consideration towards others (me! :D) - what you might say to a man's face on site (who you know) and how it comes across in type to someone who can't see how it's being said, is very different!

Oh... that was a bit of a meander!

Jason-Gibbs
14th September 2012, 09:30 AM
wow whats with Gibbo.
Did some one put him on target yesterday(the day work kid is dead long live the price work)

Why do i need to do Pricework when i can pull in £150+ a day on Daywork without breaking a sweat?
Thats WITHOUT any overtime i do or PTS/LUL nightwork...
Which further increase my weekly take home.

You crack on with you supposed Pricework - along with your tool lanyards, double lanyards, adv. guardrail and TG:20 08.
Stuggle like **** no doubt, lol.

Slow and Safe is how were preached to on EVERY site we get Inducted on - So Slow and Safe is how they get it. :)

Roger Nutkins
14th September 2012, 09:34 AM
hi jason any jobs going where u are m8?

pt2 but do all advance work

Jason-Gibbs
14th September 2012, 02:35 PM
Hello Roger mate.
Its slowly get back to normal in London... the Olympics killed it a bit - by stopping all major Construction and Rail work while it wad on.

But slowly getting there.
Have you tried Stanford Scaffolding? they might be looking for men over at Blackfriars Bridge.
All Hangers and Beamwork and such.

bouffont kid
14th September 2012, 02:48 PM
why do i need to do pricework when i can pull in £150+ a day on daywork without breaking a sweat?
Thats without any overtime i do or pts/lul nightwork...
Which further increase my weekly take home.

You crack on with you supposed pricework - along with your tool lanyards, double lanyards, adv. Guardrail and tg:20 08.
Stuggle like **** no doubt, lol.

Slow and safe is how were preached to on every site we get inducted on - so slow and safe is how they get it. :)

and they dont come slower than you though blueberry aint far behind

marra watson
14th September 2012, 10:58 PM
'' slow is smooth and smooth if fast'' quoted from 1 member not sure which but sound like a wise man

Flinty
15th September 2012, 03:56 PM
'' slow is smooth and smooth if fast'' quoted from 1 member not sure which but sound like a wise man

I think thats actually from a film, "Shooter".

marra watson
19th September 2012, 10:35 PM
I think thats actually from a film, "Shooter".
have no idea marra is shooter the fiml about the coke dealers fomr manchester flying about ina new conertsable skoda? ight be shooters not sure lol .....doubble eggs sunny side up marra

Flinty
21st September 2012, 05:50 PM
have no idea marra is shooter the fiml about the coke dealers fomr manchester flying about ina new conertsable skoda? ight be shooters not sure lol .....doubble eggs sunny side up marra

Quiet you! Come graft with me and if you do well I'll buy you a baguette on Friday. I'm nice like that.

No shooter was about this sniper who got set up on an assassination, pretty sure he said that quote.

uıɐbɐ uʍopǝpısdn
21st March 2013, 03:43 PM
Live Shoutbox or chat and this is still pending http://www.scaffoldersforum.com/suggestions-feedback/14621-revolver-map.html?

SWIFTY
21st March 2013, 07:49 PM
More naked women.

---------- Post added at 07:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:00 PM ----------

https://encrypted-tbn3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQN0w09nD-otRekqoUyS9oSxOnbcK4-MrAskVL-J2sQr7k7ffVgdA

gary wheaton
21st March 2013, 08:03 PM
Get JAYSON Gibbs back he livens it up .he like a discussion !!

SWIFTY
21st March 2013, 08:04 PM
Where has he gone? And why?

gary wheaton
21st March 2013, 08:07 PM
I guess he has been banned by who ever he's working for may be wrong who knows

SWIFTY
21st March 2013, 08:08 PM
You can't hush up our Jason.

gary wheaton
21st March 2013, 08:11 PM
I would t or thought so but you never know he new how too liven this place up any way

---------- Post added at 08:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:11 PM ----------

L

StoneScaffoldingLtd
3rd August 2013, 12:08 AM
Where has he gone? And why?

Seems to be on here these days - https://www.facebook.com/groups/146853548659295/

Bobbysupascaff
11th August 2013, 02:23 AM
Can't improve on perfection SF

StHelensPlant
2nd February 2015, 02:37 PM
Video upload would be good or to even be able to embed video in HTML tags,
Tried everything and nothing allows video to be displayed or even uploaded, yet there is a few videos on some threads...?
lost.. don't know if an upload function is possible, would be good though we got some cracking footage of shocking scaffolders!

frederik
2nd February 2015, 05:57 PM
Im sure the system wont allow new posters to post up vids, st hel. To cut out spamming. If you send SF admin a pm you should be alrite. Oh and welcome to the forum. Look forward to yur vids. Are u a R.L. man.

steelcitycowboy
2nd February 2015, 08:25 PM
started laying out some ideas for a work related thread to attract more scaffolding companies to the forum and was logged out saying I was a visiting as a guest this as happened quite a lot why are my threads being monitored scc

scaffy 1980
2nd February 2015, 08:58 PM
Your being monitered because your friends with edwoood......lol lol.

steelcitycowboy
2nd February 2015, 09:03 PM
who the price of being groomed by edwhooood with his bag of haribos,
maybe we should put a work related babysitting job thread on here for edwhoood along with rolph harris jimmy saville gary glitter and all the others r8 80ty hows it going pal

SWIFTY
2nd February 2015, 10:03 PM
started laying out some ideas for a work related thread to attract more scaffolding companies to the forum and was logged out saying I was a visiting as a guest this as happened quite a lot why are my threads being monitored scc

Click the remember me box when logging in and you won't get logged out scc.
It's your browser not the site.

frederik
2nd February 2015, 10:07 PM
Pm to sf admin should sort it scc

---------- Post added at 10:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:04 PM ----------

sorted.simple as that??

Ullswater
3rd February 2015, 12:10 AM
Delete stupid threads like EDWOOOD early on and you would not wonder why some of the older school do not contribute any more.

Bobbysupascaff
3rd February 2015, 01:27 AM
Can't improve on perfection SF

Still the same opinion but do miss when it told you at the bottom of the thread who was reading it

scaffy 1980
3rd February 2015, 06:37 AM
who the price of being groomed by edwhooood with his bag of haribos,
maybe we should put a work related babysitting job thread on here for edwhoood along with rolph harris jimmy saville gary glitter and all the others r8 80ty hows it going pal

Not doing too bad mick, grafting away as always?. Hows 2015 treating you ?

steelcitycowboy
3rd February 2015, 05:53 PM
ok pal got the sack last week but aint too bothered lost my best mate at the beginning of the new year laid him to rest today pal .
hope 2015 keeps you rolling its going to be a busy year pal all the best scc

scaffy 1980
3rd February 2015, 08:02 PM
Fuucking ell mick.....sorry to hear about your loss.

Bobbysupascaff
3rd February 2015, 08:24 PM
Very sorry to hear that mick did you lose your job due to time off for this?? Liberty if it is mate

Raise a snakebite or 2 from me mick