Nasc (1 Viewer)

tried it , proper hard work , have a look through previous posts theres a lot on this from last week

welcome thomson defiantly worth looking through post on here regarding nasc before you spend your hard earned mate :)

so then phillious , when are u joining NASC

what you mean you dont fancy your nasc competition looking at your books then ??

never let anyone into your business ( basic business sense ) especially competition

And you gotta ask yourself what your goals are, mine are to make money and build up a decent firm.
So i dont need aresholes telling me i got a board thats got 3 knots to close together and charging me grands for the privilege, would rather spend the money done the pub with the lads :)

or if you want to work for BAM or Willmott dixons haha

Anyone joined NASC? What are the benefits and is it hassle joining. I know it cost a bit, but not sure how much. Nothing obvious on their website.

I would strongly advise you contact scaffolding safety services to carry out a pre audit :D

philliosmaximus take me for a pint or two & you might get a gold card membership of the SCCR. :bigsmile:

sorry rag it will have to be at least a gallon as once i get the taste its game on
:laugh::laugh::laugh:

Thats more like it, it has to be Strongbow. Plus we have some nice t'shirts for members now :cheesy::cheesy:

Anyone joined NASC? What are the benefits and is it hassle joining. I know it cost a bit, but not sure how much. Nothing obvious on their website.

. First you'll need to know the dodgy handshake and second you'll have to hope your not getting audited by your local NASC competitor. The best option is to join the SCCR these seem to be the only people representinmg the scaffolding industry as a whole

Hi Thomson Scaffolding and welcome to the forum. This might not be popular but for a balanced view my experience has only been positive. I joined around 6 years ago and the entry requirements have changed but for a tiny outfit like mine it's not too difficult to comply. I have said many times that most of my local clients are not that interested if I was a member or not, the real reason I felt it was important to join was that stuck in the sticks running a one man band I could very easily be left behind with new technology and working practises. The larger outside firms do like the fact we are members as they all fear I'm some sort of cowboy who will turn up on their job with a pick-up and a couple of jakey's but the membership get's me the chance to tender for work I would normally be overlooked for. Once I'm on the site their won't be many firms who doubt our ability to deliver the goods but membership definitely gets me that opportunity. I am also a member of the SCCR, and can honestly say I see no conflict of interest. It is no different than a transport company being in the Road Haulage Association and the Freight Transport Association, again my take on it is when anybody talks about my business and my industry I am going to listen and if I like what I hear I want to be part of it. As philliomaximus has said it depends on your goals and how you want or need to achieve them. What ever you decide, good luck.

Aom

it horses for course thompson everybodys setup is diffrent,i think you have to read the previouse posts on the matter(which are pretty extensive)and gauge for yourself if you want to attempt to join,i have my own personal view which i wont give so as not to cloud the issue at hand mate,but also the nasc states that members have to give a positive outlook and promote the nasc to potential new members goodluck mate whatever you choose.

it horses for course thompson everybodys setup is diffrent,i think you have to read the previouse posts on the matter(which are pretty extensive)and gauge for yourself if you want to attempt to join,i have my own personal view which i wont give so as not to cloud the issue at hand mate,but also the nasc states that members have to give a positive outlook and promote the nasc to potential new members goodluck mate whatever you choose.

sounds a bit like pyramid building celtic :unsure:

Having applied twice and been declined on both occasions we would say overall our experience has been negative, please, please dont think this is sour grapes because it is not, we take on any feed back given to us and if we didnt make the grade well so be it....BUT....The Audit process IMHO stinks especially when a competitior Audits your business, the element of self intrest is bound to be there, an Auditor from a different region should undertake the action.

Also the double standards (No pun intended) Do not what ever you do as an applying Member copy the example of an Existing NASC Member in the quality of your work, that will lead to failure, particulary in the South Yorkshire region...But hey...Its not an old boys club...is it?????

Top Bottom