Cuplock courses (1 Viewer)

beef

Reaction score
I am gettin sent on the cuplock appreciation course just wondered do you really need it? always thought if you had the t+f advanced cisrs card you could do any system as long as you read appropriate manual.I know you need pasma for alloy towers but don`t know about other systems. Another thing to put on the cv but have been using cuplock for about 10 yrs without it:amuse:

like jakdan says its a money spinner, think they now expect you to do the relevant system course for each different system scaffold you work with , i can kinda see the need for a system like layher, which has multiple parts, multiple uses and a very very versatile system, but cuplock and kwikstage what is there something like 8 components in total and no versatility give me a break.

sgb are now sending their men on 2week cuplock course instead of tube fitting,they still send the apprentices on the t+f course but the older lads get the cuplock course,2weeks of tap tap.

a ken mate one guy went done his part2 or so he thought it was part2 cuplock he was raging.

a ken mate one guy went done his part2 or so he thought it was part2 cuplock he was raging.

Know a boy who went through the exact same with Kwikstage. Out of order as the boy had been with us 6 yrs and still hadn't been fully trained.

To answer the OP, you must have the relevant endorsement on your card for each separate system you use. It may not be chased up so much in England yet but our lads are asked for it on pretty much every site now up here. As mentioned before, it's a scam and shouldn't have been enforced with the exception maybe of Layher.

just ridiculous,are you telling me all the brickies and others trades have gone and done these (needed)courses.for when they try being builders.this job is going down the pan pretty dam quick.soon there will be a shortage of scaffs with brains,as being pushed to pay for these piss taking courses will be to much.

just ridiculous,are you telling me all the brickies and others trades have gone and done these (needed)courses.for when they try being builders.this job is going down the pan pretty dam quick.soon there will be a shortage of scaffs with brains,as being pushed to pay for these piss taking courses will be to much.

Nobody is telling you anything of the sort. When a brickie or whatever goes on one of these appreciation courses, it's only to familiarise themselves with the system being used. Most only go on the course so they are allowed to move hop-ups and remove/replace handrails. They aren't going to build the jobs themselves because they spent a couple of days smoking fags and enjoying a bit of banter. Their scaffolding knowledge is virtually zero, it takes years to learn scaffolding so there's no danger of some brickies labourer nicking yer job mate.

Cape sent us on a 2 day cuplock course in Doncaster, out of the 10 guys, 3 of us had Ecitb tickets and so until we had done at least our part 1 Cisrs ticket, wouldnt issue a certificate or endorse your card, even thou had passed the course with 98%. told its on computer that have passed and when we convert to Cisrs can have it endorsed on the card. fcuk cuplock, like to know what long term damage being done on your wrists, using that all day, T & F all day long:bigsmile:

Yes and the damage to your ears, you've got to have your ear plugs when using that *****!

Nobody is telling you anything of the sort. When a brickie or whatever goes on one of these appreciation courses, it's only to familiarise themselves with the system being used. Most only go on the course so they are allowed to move hop-ups and remove/replace handrails. They aren't going to build the jobs themselves because they spent a couple of days smoking fags and enjoying a bit of banter. Their scaffolding knowledge is virtually zero, it takes years to learn scaffolding so there's no danger of some brickies labourer nicking yer job mate.
you got me wrong bundy if you think im scared of brickies nicking my job,ha,ha,ha.ive twenty four years scaffolding behind me,im just saying that im peed off with being told we HAVE to do these courses,its piss easy and it could be put in the part one,with the mobile tower we had to do.

you got me wrong bundy if you think im scared of brickies nicking my job,ha,ha,ha.ive twenty four years scaffolding behind me,im just saying that im peed off with being told we HAVE to do these courses,its piss easy and it could be put in the part one,with the mobile tower we had to do.

Apologies :embarrest:
You're dead right Numbnuts. It's pretty stupid that an advanced scaffolder can be knocked back from a site while his mate who's a Part 1 or 2 is allowed on cause they have an endorsement on their CISRS card regardless of their scaffolding experience. The CITB/NCC are always looking for new ways to make a few bob. It helps justify all the weekends the instructors do to boost their pay

Iv Been Scaffolding Since 1978 And Did A System Product Course About Four Years Ago Complete Waste Of A Weekend, I Would Have Been As Well Chucking My £500 In A Bin And Setting Fire To It For All I Learned, But We Are Being Asked More To Produce The Endorsement For Whichever System You Are Using, Even Though It Says Tube And Fitting On Your Card

Its all ********.They would`nt make a mechanic who works on mercedes take a course so he can work on mini`s if you get my drift.

i just fuc king HATE that **** all that bang bang all day long and you end up with a load of tube in it anyway

Top Bottom