New training centre (1 Viewer)

andyf8686

Reaction score
I am thinking of opening a new Scaffold Training Centre in the Northeast of England and was just looking for some feed back, what's the market like are people still struggling to get booked on a course?
Have been in touch with the NASC and still looking for building etc so nothing set in stone yet, anyone know if there is still grants for starting up a new company etc.
Any feed back would be great:idea:

what another 1

---------- Post added at 11:19 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:08 AM ----------

i know lads are been waiting for funding for courses

most of the if they want to get on have to pay for it them selfs

where in the north east ? john robertsons is long gone as has the rathbone one in hebburn .the newcastle sunderland and surrounding area lads all have to travel to smoggie land which isnt a nice experience . so you could probably get a lot of there business

Are Newcastle college still training scaffolders

Think you'd be struggling in the current market. Some of the old ASTI instructors opened a place in Stanley, but I believe it has now closed down. You'd be competing against NETA and Newcastle College, and both are struggling to fill existing courses. NETA are still offering free training through Train 2 Gain, and still can't fill courses because the demand from hard up scaffold companies isn't there.

Jakdan you should know the rules on that one
if you lend it out don't expect it back then if you get it back happy day and your lass does not no you have extra money for the Monday club LOL

go for it mate youve found a gap in the market nail it before someone does i wish you the best of luck hope to get a discount when your set up mind.

Cheers celticbhoy will be offering discount for S.C.C.R members hopefully they can give me support but need to get things off the ground just looking for property at the moment then need CISRS inspection out before I really start the hard work. Hopefully the lads in smog might even help LOL that's for the very first response I got THICK SKIN in this game HA HA cheers

---------- Post added at 10:35 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:34 AM ----------

Ok Gary probably worked in the yard with you over the years.

Top Bottom