aom rant

aom

Reaction score
I'm still at work skiving. I can hardly muster the energy for a good moan but here goes.

I just got fucked of a job which has been a disaster from start to finish. First they ask me to price a 22m span walkway between 2 piers, turns out I'm too expensive so they join 6 crane jibs together slap a bit of ply wood decking on it and ask me to hand-rail it. Still too dear, so they supply the gear and ask for a couple of guys for 3hrs. Tried to explain that over water should be a treble hand rail but they didn't have the material F**K it make mine a double came the reply.:mad: Next up was a wee hanger at the waters edge to repair a ferry loading ramp, still too dear and could I half the price just to do 1 side.:sad2: Hung it from steel beams from under ramp, then they tell me that the ramp has to move up and down with the scaffold in place:confused:. Told them to fix the top beam then I will come back and free the beam to allow ramp to move. Got there this morning with some 14 year old lassie telling me to start removing scaffold and I asked if she could tell the divers to stand down, she looked at me as if I was from mars and told me to get on with it. I took a closer look at the scaffold and could see a huge area where the welder had been working without a fire blanket and burnt the boards some right through, couldn't believe what I was seeing so I told them that it was unsafe and F**KED off to try and get some clarification from main contractor, his answer, come and strip your gear and get tae:cry:. Some times I think it really is me I must be a total erse. I know this is long winded but it's only half the story, maybe I'm never going to be cut out for this business.

Think that this Thread is a gr8 idea m8, Rant Central Station!! where proper workers can outline some of the flaws with the idiots they have to work for just to try and earn a $.

I thought i'd had a bad day!!

Have a pint m8:idea:

Good to see you enjoying the daily toil mate,keep the faith.:D

Aye it was a long day, but f**k it, a couple of hours in the boosom of my beloved barman and now I couldn't care less.:sick:

Seeing as this is "Rant Corner" Im gonna get mine off my chest today (I have a f*cking long list let me tell ya??!!)

Dont you just hate when people dont come through on agreements for example:

We did a big Pub refurbishment job just before Christmas for a well known company who always want everything yesterday AND half price!! well as per usual they gave us 3 minutes notice (It was a bit longer than that but you get my point!!) to take it down as they wanted the business open ASAP, as a initative for us to get it down pronto they confirmed in writing that we would be paid by 12th Feb so we duly obliged, we are now at 24th Feb and have we been paid?? HAVE WE F*CK!!!??? I am now in the midst of a big dust up with their FD and they say I'm the one who is being unreasonable with my aggressive manner!! WELL F*CKING PAY ME LIKE YOU SAID YOU WERE GOING TO AND I WILL TALK TO YOU F*CKING CIVILLY YOU TW*AT!!??

I feel a Size 5 baseball bat coming on!!??

Rant over...Red Mist Lifting...Feeling Calmer....Heart Beat Normal....Calm State Reached. :)

P.S. I wont ever work for them again unless we get payment upfront.:mad:

Plenty of MC like that mate at mo got a big list in 60-90 days at the mo , always the scaffolders fault , dont mention 5% retention or MCD

scaffy
I always cross out retention and put N/A. MCD New clients have to earn it.

---------- Post added at 09:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:26 PM ----------

WELL F*CKING PAY ME LIKE YOU SAID YOU WERE GOING TO AND I WILL TALK TO YOU F*CKING CIVILLY YOU TW*AT!!?? QUOTE said:
The words of a contracts manager if ever I saw them, stand your ground PW, we always sit down and agree the account every month mate, they have to come up with a pretty damn good excuse not to pay after agreeing, always leave some scaffold up and use that to get final payment. They always try to knock something off final payment.;)

The words of a contracts manager if ever I saw them, stand your ground PW

You've just got to or the tw*ts will dance all over you.

we always sit down and agree the account every month mate

Job up and down in a month mate so a monthly valuation N/A

they have to come up with a pretty damn good excuse not to pay after agreeing

Too True!! But they always drag it out dont they??

always leave some scaffold up and use that to get final payment

Another good tactic which in hindsight may have been the best situation in this case, but you take people at face value and when they back it up in writing you are in a strong position...it just pi*ses me off when they whelch on a deal....If we had done it they would have been all over us!!

They always try to knock something off final payment

In this case its a cut and dry value but yep your correct on the longer duration jobs....as you mentioned earlier get the account agreed on a monthly basis including the variations and the knocking down scenario shouldnt occur unless of course its a carrot for another job.

In summary....I did speak at length to the companies FD and once I had broken down his barriers and bluster it transpired that they were struggling for cash flow and an alternative date has been set for full payment with written guarentees from him and his MD.

So if they dont pay by that date them its out with the baseball bats and some fu*kers nice Bentley is gonna get it!!!??? :D

Why don't the erse holes just be up front and honest with regards payment dates. Nothing pisses me of more than getting embroilled over money only to discover they have given my money to some other fud. Just be honest and we can make other arrangements to deal with it.

Like get the baseball bat oot.:cool:

PW
I may have simplified things a bit there, it's never easy just a big cat and mouse game.

I like to think I have a big nasty mouse trap in my pocket ;-)

My Rant of The Day

ARTICULATED LORRIES

I f*cking hate Artic Drivers for the reasons below:

Whenever there is a smash on the motorway when you finally get to the scene 99 times out of a 100 it involves a f*cking dunderhead in a 44 tonner who has collected a car and scared the sh*t out of the poor driver and caused chaos behind tem.

Its bad enough breaking down on the motorway and having to wait for recovery only for one of the t*ssers to fall asleep at the wheel and wipe you out completelty, I see them all the time vearing across the rumble strip cos the c*nts have nodded of for a second.

Why o why must they overtake each other??!! For f*cks sake your speed limit is 50 on the motorway and you are restricted to 56 anyway!! I once followed a couple of wagons carrying out this manovere up the M42 (Only two lanes wide) and I sh*t you not they were at if for 8 F*CKING MILES!!!??? they were causing havoc!! the queue behind must have been enormous, it certainly was beyond the view of my rear mirror, its dead simple really...Ban Lorrys Overtaking!! In the end I rang the Transport Company of the wagon being overtaken...asked for the Manager...told him what a total c*nt his driver was...and asked him to relay the message to his employee to lift his foot by 5mm or the next time he stops to pick up a prostitute to murder I'm going to be waiting to f*cking do him!!!...I then promptly hung up...after about 30 seconds this action occured and we all sailed past leaning on our horns...I bet the tw*t thought it was hilarious.

I tell you these morons only have a f*cking job because they cant train a chimpanze to do it just yet!!!

Mind you looking on a positive note I suppose no industry has contributed more to SPECIAL NEEDS employment than Transportation, Remploy mustnt have anyone left to place!!

Dont get me started on Bus Drivers!! F*cking nonces the lot of them!!

Anyway...must dash got to go and take my LGV test!!:laugh:

Last edited:
Can't think of a single defense for taxi drivers, I think they along with all traffic cops should be rounded up and shot. Truck drivers on the other hand are a mixture of good and bad with most of the guys in my area excellent at letting you past infact there is a couple of drivers that I would struggle to keep up with. I know it feels better getting it of your chest but as the saying goes, if you've got it, a truck driver brought it and that includes scaffold.

---------- Post added at 12:50 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:48 AM ----------

It's easy to have that attitude sitting in the house, reaction might be different after staring at 44 tons of timber for an hour on a country road.:eek::eek:

Do you know what really grinds my gears.... BRICKLAYERS:mad:

Was thinking of starting a poll

Bricklayers: A necessary evil or The route to all evil

The ones that get on nerves are the cnuts that leave mortar all over the boards then start whining when you tell them your not doing out until they clean 'em,always starts a row but they get the message eventually.

Driving behind flat capped, pi55 stained old gits ,completly oblivious to anybody else on the road,annoying:mad:

Must get a fair bit of that in spain m8, depending where you are of course, and then for them to be driving on the opposite side of the road...

That must be f*****g murder!

:evil:

Do you know what really grinds my gears.... BRICKLAYERS:mad:

Was thinking of starting a poll

Bricklayers: A necessary evil or The route to all evil

The Heid,

Now you are talking, what a bunch of thick c**ts brickies are. Remember the old cartoon with some daft carachter sawing the same branch he was sitting on, 100 quid says he grew up to be a brickie. Who ever thought it was a good idea to give a brickie a spanner to shift hand rails should also be shot. Start a poll, doubt you will find a single backer for the brickies.

Top Bottom