stirling scaffolding newcastle

bolo

Reaction score
Worked with this outfit on welsh opera house wondered if these boys wher still around ?:)

arent they back as bede access ? old albert left the firm to his son who totaly fooked up .it was a good company to work for when the dad was in charge .like said above the lot went up his nose . he ripped a lot of lads off when he went under . i heard he was taking lads child support out of there wages and keeping it. i stripped a load of his scaffold on a site he got kicked off .needless to say not all of it went back

arent they back as bede access ? old albert left the firm to his son who totaly fooked up .it was a good company to work for when the dad was in charge .like said above the lot went up his nose . he ripped a lot of lads off when he went under . i heard he was taking lads child support out of there wages and keeping it. i stripped a load of his scaffold on a site he got kicked off .needless to say not all of it went back

Hope you didnt have to walk it far mate?:)

What happend to all of the lads from Sterling
There was some good lads there from all over
They had all the yards sewn up at one time closed shop at press offshore

it was a funny old set up down at press, Sheilds and Jarra Lads in one cabin Toon lads in another and a monoflex shack for the Mackems :nuts:

---------- Post added at 10:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:01 PM ----------

What happend to all of the lads from Sterling
There was some good lads there from all over
They had all the yards sewn up at one time closed shop at press offshore

Old Albert new how to keep the Press gaffers sweet executive box at the Toon days at the races etc !

Ah, so that's how it's done - wonder how much a box at the Toon costs these days ?!?

Old Albert new how to keep the Press gaffers sweet executive box at the Toon days at the races etc !

Scaffolders in row over unpaid wages
Published on Tuesday 4 November 2008 12:57

ANGRY scaffolders are demanding thousands of pounds in unpaid wages and redundancy money from a South Tyneside company.

Union officials are set to launch cases of unfair dismissal and unlawful deductions from wages against Sterling Scaffolding, of Bede Industrial Estate, Jarrow.

Some workers still employed by the firm have walked out after saying they've not being paid for several weeks.

And some long-term staff say they've not received redundancy money after being finished by the company, which has operated for more than 60 years.

The Gazette understands that some Sterling scaffolders working on the Bonga oil production platform, in Nigeria, are also waiting for their wages.

It's claimed several scaffolders are owed up to 10,000 and a trade union boss said the workforce has been treated "very badly" by management at Sterling Scaffolding, which is no longer responding to telephone calls from workers or union representatives.

Scaffolder Kevin Cullen, 42, of Newlyn Drive, Jarrow, who was made redundant last week, after being with Sterling for seven years, said: "I'm personally owed between 5,000 and 6,000, with redundancy money and holiday entitlement, but I've received absolutely nothing.

"But some of the lads have been with the company for more than 20 years and are still waiting for their money.

"Most of the scaffolders have families and Christmas is coming.

"All told, I think you could be talking as much as 100,000 in unpaid redundancy money and wages.

"About 10 workers were made redundant and were given a letter, saying the problems were due to the economic downturn, but now the management won't even answer our telephone calls."

Ian Clark, 44, of Fellside, South Shields, who was made redundant after 13 years with the company, said: "I'm owed four weeks' wages, plus my redundancy, which amounts to something like 10,000, but I've

had nothing so far."

Scaffolder Carl Ridley, 32, of Biddick Hall, South Shields, is still employed by Sterling Scaffolding, but walked out with several others over wages.

He said: "They kept saying they would pay us at the end of the week, but we've had nothing. I'm owed about 1,300 in unpaid wages and I'm not going back."

The Jarrow company employed about 24 scaffolders before the redundancy axe fell just over a week ago.

GMB senior organiser Jackie Woodall said: "I'm extremely unhappy with the way the workforce has been treated by Sterling Scaffolding.

"Company director Albert Hemmer has made some men with 20 and 30 years' service redundant, and they haven't been paid their redundancy money.

"He has failed to pay wages for several weeks and we are taking the company to an industrial tribunal to recover the money.

"We will also be pursuing claims of unfair dismissal and unlawful deductions from wages.

"There have been promises that wages would be paid, but these promises have not been kept. The workforce has been treated very badly and Mr Hemmer has not kept in touch with us and is no longer answering telephone calls from the GMB."

No one was available for comment at Sterling Scaffolding.

Ha ha mark not you have ever done that ????. Bomer and Kirkland stainless halfins ????

I hope you're not implying that ISL as company had anything to do with that, Andy ? The supposedly 'trustworthy' employees in question were dismissed immediately when it came to light.

Top Bottom