Which way to the smoke-o ? (1 Viewer)

skyhook

Reaction score
Alright lad's, just a quick one to say hi and introduce myself. 14 years on the spanners on and offshore, experience on most of the usual industrial sites and commercial construction projects. Just been looking around and it's quite a informative forum. Will help answer questions on the forum's if i can.
Peace out
skyhook :)

Last edited:
Hi Skyhook and Welcome To The Scaffolders Forum!

Regards

SF Admin

Hello & Welcome Skyhook

You mentioned in other posts you worked for SGB at Lincoln & Nottingham

I worked at Nottingham for many years, who did you used to work with/for?

Hi PW

I worked for quite a few different managers, Andy Cole, Tony Beeston, Joe Beeston, Keith Brocklebank, Nick Hartnett and John Thorpe. I'm guessing you have worked alongside a couple of them. Worked all over the East Midlands while i was there.
Any familiar names there ?

Hi PW

I worked for quite a few different managers, Andy Cole, Tony Beeston, Joe Beeston, Keith Brocklebank, Nick Hartnett and John Thorpe. I'm guessing you have worked alongside a couple of them. Worked all over the East Midlands while i was there.
Any familiar names there ?

I worked with and know all except Andy Cole, I worked with Nick on the tools back in the late 8Os early 90s and he was my Supervisor when I started with "GB" in 93 and we ended up in the office together when I was promoted from the tools, we stay in regular contact and hes now trying to make a go of a Nottingham Branch for Rilmac. Good luck to him...he's gonna need it!! Thorpeys a card...we used to say "He walks like he's chewing a Toffo between his arse cheeks" Im sure you'll understand that!!:D

Can you shed any light on John Beeston? I heard he has been suspended for bullying pending an investigation, the source I got the info from is hazy to say the least so it may be a load of tosh!

P.S. Do you know Vinny Wadsworth?? I worked with him on the tools and into management.

Yeah your right about JT, a really sound guy. Last time i saw him he still had the walk. I heard that Rilmac had got Nick working for them, i can remember when that firm had just three wagons and a tiny yard, still expanding. Can't fault them on their ambition. Heard a different story to the one you heard about John, will pm you it if you want ? Has the yard at Nottingham gone now then ? I heard it had moved to Tamworth ?

Yeah your right about JT, a really sound guy. Last time i saw him he still had the walk. I heard that Rilmac had got Nick working for them, i can remember when that firm had just three wagons and a tiny yard, still expanding. Can't fault them on their ambition. Heard a different story to the one you heard about John, will pm you it if you want ? Has the yard at Nottingham gone now then ? I heard it had moved to Tamworth ?

Please pm me about the JB scenario, that would be intresting.

Nottingham has closed and the yard is up for sale as has Liverpool St in Birmingham and they have amalgenated both in Tamworth.

Top Bottom