Train to gain (1 Viewer)

platinum

Reaction score
Does anyone know about train to gain, one of my blokes who has been scaffolding for over 20 years and is great at his job, but never got ticket, but got a trainee card for doing touch screen !!

He spoke with a guy from train to gain, and says they are govermrent funded and do onsite assessements of your work, so you dont have to go away on the course !!! Is this right, if it is would be great as alot of married men with kids cant go away and leave families , from where we are based in Hampshire the nearest place is East London or Kent, so you would have to stay away !!!

Advice Please !!!!!!!

Plat

Does anyone know about train to gain, one of my blokes who has been scaffolding for over 20 years and is great at his job, but never got ticket, but got a trainee card for doing touch screen !!

He spoke with a guy from train to gain, and says they are govermrent funded and do onsite assessements of your work, so you dont have to go away on the course !!! Is this right, if it is would be great as alot of married men with kids cant go away and leave families , from where we are based in Hampshire the nearest place is East London or Kent, so you would have to stay away !!!

Advice Please !!!!!!!

Plat
Hi platinum
as far as i know you still have to go and do your courses to get your cisrs cards when you do your course you are given a portfolio to do and you have to get some one to verifie it for you ? some one from your managment team ie: manager,supervisor or scaffold inspector.

PM Simian, they are one of the site sponsors and are clued up with all the in's and out's of this type of stuff:D

As for staying away from home :sad: welcome to the world of Scaffolding:love::laugh:

slow down with your posts jakdan i ll be sick if you catch me , hows the job

Jobs fukcing **** mate, i'm too old to turn a spanner, i am stiff as :D
No mate not bad at the minute, give me time and they will be top notch again;)

watch this space:D

---------- Post added at 05:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:42 PM ----------

Your my target, they reckon if i could catch Allan, either on the spanners or on the forum, i will regain my stature:nuts:

train to gain

i have just contacted train to gain and the visit they told me about was just to enrol and some training before you even go on a course........

defo he told me you have to do the course i think others will confirm that

No you don't, I spoke to them 2 days ago. They send an assessor out on site to see you working, you fill in a portfolio which consists of no pictures whatsoever, all bog standard answers, you then go to a training centre and do an assessement there for like one day. So it's not a course. This is for the Advanced anyway, could be different for part 1 and Part 2 though.

No one can gain a part 2 card or advanced card without:

Valid NVQ 2 or 3

Part 1, 2 or Advanced 10 day course certificate

One Day Skills test cert for Part 2

Two Days skills test cert for Advanced.

All from CAP 609 January 2011.

Anyone can assess you on site and get funding and you will receive a NVQ cert, it is no good without the training.

---------- Post added at 08:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:45 PM ----------

No you don't, I spoke to them 2 days ago. They send an assessor out on site to see you working, you fill in a portfolio which consists of no pictures whatsoever, all bog standard answers, you then go to a training centre and do an assessement there for like one day. So it's not a course. This is for the Advanced anyway, could be different for part 1 and Part 2 though.

They are being economical with the truth here.

Ian

Maybe I misunderstood but I have been in the game for 13 years now and I told them that, So do i need further training? Don't think I do, just an on site assessement.

Maybe I misunderstood but I have been in the game for 13 years now and I told them that, So do i need further training? Don't think I do, just an on site assessement.

I'm not saying your wrong vllb, a lot of the train to gain funding managers don't understand the scaffold training game. We may have free training for London, in the not too distant future

If

i contacted erith cs college last week and their train to gain funding has run out and i have been put on the list if more comes for the advanced

Hello mate the goverment money runs out in june so be quick, i have a freind who works for skill solutions scaffolding assessing he can get him sighned up his names andy pm me and i will give you his number if you like cheers

Top Bottom