British seaman’s tax

Thought it was called CSA (sorry couldn't resist)

Have you any information regarding British seaman’s tax when working overseas.

Hi scaff38, :wondering: could you clarify whether you actually mean 'overseas' or in fact 'offshore' please?
Thanks
Bettertax

I will be going overseas to South Africa to join a ship then sailing to West Africa working on the ship for up to 1 year, on a rotation of 5weeks on / 5 weeks off, my 5 week off will be spent back in the UK,

The simple answer to this would be that you are still under normal UK Tax laws, as you are probably resident in the UK, will be away a maximum of 6 months in the potential 1 year period and I'm assuming you're getting paid into the uK by a UK company and taxed under UK guidelines. <- And that would be the simple answer but would still need to verified.
However, if the situation is different to that in any way...like your being paid into an international account, or from an international account into the UK, or, well in fact there are so many varibles and therefore each situation needs to be looked at carefully before absolute advice can be given.

Feel free to call, as this all needs detailed information from you before I would be happy to stand by any advice given on this subject.

Top Bottom