Out of date CISRS trainee tkt (1 Viewer)

dingdong

Reaction score
Hi all,

I need a bit of advice on what to do please. I stopped scaffolding 3 years ago now, but the bug to return has stayed with me. My CISRS trainee ticket expired in July 2007. I have done my assessed route for basic scaffolding in 2005, but not sure what steps to take to get back in the game. I have the certificates, but never done the portfolio, carrying all my ppe was bad enough, let alone carrying a folder the size of the yellow pages. All the firms I have done a bit for where happy just to see the bits of paper, but things must have changed a lot since 3 years ago. Do I need to start from scratch? Having been a Scaffolder for nearly 13 years this seems unfair. Any help appreciated.

Thanks

try telling them thatyou actually had a card and need a replacement .it worked for me

---------- Post added at 07:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:23 PM ----------

you must be due a safety visit cos you cant seriously be expecting your lads to work to it

---------- Post added at 07:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:28 PM ----------

that somehow ended up on the wrong thread

You will need to do your health and safety touch screen test at a cost of around £17.50. After that you will need to fill in a trainee card application form complete with a passport photo and send it to CISRS at a cost of around £26.50. You can obtain this form from the CISRS web site.

CISRS - the industry recognised scaffold training scheme

Hope this helps.

Cheers alan666, I will give that a go. I still got the application form, my course details,and registration details. no harm in trying.

Thanks for the link TAC, it was a gutter as I took all the photos then the fecking computer crashed with all the pic's, so the portfolio still looks the same (brand new)as when I left Erith CITB centre with it lol

As long as you passed the course you should be ok.

Ive sorted out a couple of lads in a similar position.

You will need to register for the NVQ system which I think is about £50 cant remeber exactly right this minute.
You will need to get the new style portfolios which will cost you.
Complete this asap. You will need to have someone as a verifier for you and probably might need some sort of testimony as to your experience and training.
The only problem I can forsee is that if you declare that you have had a break from scaffolding.

Once portfolio is complete you should be able to book a final assesment.
Before all this though you need to get yourself a valid touch screen test pass and apply for a new trainee card.

Dave.

Thanks Dave,

Training evidence will be ok, as got the 2 cert's SG4:00, and the assessed route of entry for basic scaffolding, plus an assessment report from the college, Accessing & Rigging level 2. Also still got my old CISRS trainee card.

The company who paid for this has since sold up, so I will try and get hold of one of my old supervisors, to verify my experience.

During my break I still done a bit for a friend but he was subbing, and now he is in Dubai. So proving the break may be tricky as you said.

I am doing my CSCS next week, so I will sort out the forms I need.

Finally I can see hope, and not all doom and gloom.

Cheers Tony.

Top Bottom