Signing Off scaff tags (1 Viewer)

21s

At what level or competence do you have to be to legally sign off scaff tags ,,,,, is it a competant scaffolder or do ou need advanced card ??????:idea:

Hellos 21s

It does not state in any law or ACOP any qualifications but you must be competent, the definition of competent is someone who is suitably experienced, qualifyed and has a good knowledge of the trade...In my view a Basic Scaffolder with 5 years under their belt as a minimum should be sufficent and an Advanced Scaffolder definatly. We then get into the well discussed realms of "Scaffold Inspectors" who have been on a 2 day course etc...but I dont really want to go there!!:mad:

21s
Pretty much as PW says, from our friends at HSE

"All scaffolding inspection should be carried out by a competent person whose combination of knowledge, training and experience is appropriate for the type and complexity of the scaffold he is inspecting. Competence may have been assessed under The Construction Industry Scaffolders Registration Scheme (CISRS) or an individual may be suitably experienced in scaffolding work and have received additional training under a recognised manufacturer/supplier scheme.
A non-scaffolder who has attended a suitable scaffold inspection course and has the necessary background experience would be considered competent to inspect a basic scaffold (ie a site manager). "

signing off scaffs

just done the advanced inspection course, mainly because i was told that even though i was an advanced scaffolder and thus competent enough to erect hangers etc, i was not legally competent enough to inspect that scaffold.load of tosh or what!

just done the advanced inspection course, mainly because i was told that even though i was an advanced scaffolder and thus competent enough to erect hangers etc, i was not legally competent enough to inspect that scaffold.load of tosh or what!

Millwall
You use the word competent twice there, you may well have been competent before you done the course, now though you have ticked the training box of competency.

ps. Do you think you learnt anything on the advanced inspection course?

Top Bottom