What`s the way forward??? (1 Viewer)

boomer101

Reaction score
Im a advanced scaffolder with over 20+ years experience, have my ipaf ticket and sssts certificate. seeking advice what course i should do to better my self??? SMSTS? Scaffold Inspection, etc .... any advice much appreciated thanks

Im a advanced scaffolder with over 20+ years experience, have my ipaf ticket and sssts certificate. seeking advice what course i should do to better my self??? SMSTS? Scaffold Inspection, etc .... any advice much appreciated thanks

I suppose it depends on demand in your local area boomer and what you are interested in. I have the SMSTS ticket and the Mrs has the scaffold inspectors ticket and to be honest we both no nothing about our respective qualifications. I think you would need your nebosh as a minimum to progress as a safety man or you could go down the training route which is one of the few booming sectors at this time despite the downturn in construction. With 20+ years experience you might consider chatting to the many potential employers you must come into contact with every day and try finding out what type of qualification is most desirable. Simian posted a job advert for a trainer spelling out the minimum qualification required, if this interests you you could always have a chat with them to see how to go about that. What ever you decide good luck.

Ignore Swifty boomer and he might go away.:D

Boomer. You could write a book about all the funny and not so funny episodes you came across in all them 20 years. SF Admin could push it on the forum for you, with now over 5000 members and by the time you have it finished maybe 10000, you could have a best seller. A signed copy for me will be thanks enough.

Have a look at Simians job thread on the main forum, some good advice there.

Top Bottom