Boss Scaffolding Documentry / Top Banana (1 Viewer)

PW

Reaction score
I remember seeing this when it first came out but my memory is a bit hazy (It does that as you get to a certain age,:confused: but I never forget the way to the pub!! :amazed:)

Has anyone got the full version or am I just being lazy by not trawling youtube etc.

Can't seem to find it on youtube, great scaff documentry. Bruce used to lead by example, Contracts Manager all week then threw his irons on and grafted with the lads at the weekend.

Remember seeing it years ago as well,the gaffer seemed a right tit,talking down to the lads,and telling a squad they werent getting paid what they had earned on price,in case they done sweet F.A the following week,then at the end he knocked down a cantelever in the rain topless,just a load of 5hite for the tv cameras,wonder if the firm is still going..

Daz,
It may seem he was showing off for the cameras but that is him all over, I worked for him and his dad and his uncle, His dad owned Fergusen Keene, Bruce owned Pylon scaffolding, they then joined forces to create FKPylon then Bruce left and started Boss scaffolding, and yes they are still going. Your right about the price stuff you get what you put up the wall and no more.

i have the video and have had for years , i remember FK was a big player in the early 90s , didnt thay also trade as HYSCAFF , video is well funny

Scaffy
FK were indeed a big player, I believe Richard died I think he also set up the scaffolders olympic games years ago, He did trade as hyscaff.
Any chance of sending it to me recorded delivery? so I can get it onto disk, I'll cover any costs, I'll get it onto cd and offer it to SF and anyone who wants it free plus postage and packaging of course. I know most of the lads on the programme and have lost touch.

i have the video and have had for years , i remember FK was a big player in the early 90s , didnt thay also trade as HYSCAFF , video is well funny

Any chance you could post it on you tube ? I remember a documentary called "Top Banana" with a guy who looked like the 3rd Mitchell brother. Is this the same one?

i have it at work on a vhs , but me mate has a vhs to cd copier , leave it with me , i taped it from discovery channell a series called outlaws , didnt one of that lot become a hypnotist or something ??:)
if not let me have your address and il send it up start of next week

---------- Post added at 07:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:42 PM ----------

scaffold olympic games remember that in the mid 90s , who could do the highest topper carry most 5fts ect ,

boss

would love a copy of that, worked with a couple of the guys in it.loved the bit when they gave it large on a night out. on monday they have black eyes etc,they got done on their night out by kids from newham(i think) boxing club.

its funny and i can relate to the film

I missed all of that, as i was out of the country during a lot of the 90's.
Any chance of posting it somewhere where we could all download it if we wanted to ?
Cheers J

DECROMAX/jonnyoneeye
I am awaiting a copy from a SF member I will look at the best options to share it amongst the masses, well worth a watch

got vid now will send cd start of next week , boss

top bananna

who remembers this docurmentary it was about a london outfit remember watching it years ago any one else see it is on the internet..

met the guy (bruce) when i was working up in london about 12/13 yrs back...what a total ******** .....went to a pub with a mate so he could pick up some wages off him he owed.came out with some comment about any where noth of watford was scotland and any where west of reading was wales....prick..that was enough for me, drunk up and f""ked off..

Top Bottom