New SCCR Committee (1 Viewer)

R

ragscaff

Vote now.

Any forum member can nominate anyone to stand for the SCCR committee. Needs to be in by the 7th February.

Then the following nominations will be posted on the forum & the SCCR web site.

Have a say!!

Its your Industry.

Details on the SCCR thread, SCCR web site or e-mail sccr@sky.com.

Ragscaff.....Chairman
Steve Gregory.....Vice
Training development.....Ian
H&S development.....Simian
Scaffy
Garry Adams
Podger
AOM

I am not sure if this my post, should be on here mate, but these are my nominations, Scaffy moderate me if my post should not be on. Ooops forgot i can now moderate myself:cool:

h&s development - Paddy Carr
Mathmatics - Paddy and Carol

Ragscaff.....Chairman
Steve Gregory.....Vice
Training development.....Ian
H&S development.....Simian
Scaffy
Garry Adams
Podger
AOM

I am not sure if this my post, should be on here mate, but these are my nominations, Scaffy moderate me if my post should not be on. Ooops forgot i can now moderate myself:cool:

So where are you on this list then Paddy?

The SCCR needs you too.

I dont think simian would be put themselves in this position as this could be classed as a confict of intrest.

would simian take the TRAINING roll??what about scaffolding saftey services would they??do we know who runs scaffolding saftey services???

scratching me head aint got a scooby doo

Knew I shouldn't have started a thread on a Saturday night !!!!!!

personally i would welcome a senior NASC committee member to the sccr board as at the end of the day , we want consultation and to work together to make this industry far superior..where we all work at it..which is what we are trying to achieve.

maybe agree with you there steve also was thinking that the training side be taken up by an established company dont have to be any of the above as i think a body rather than a person would be better than a single entity,ie more resources time just think be all round better idea.

---------- Post added at 11:24 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:21 AM ----------

the problem you get with the NASC joining anything is age old they want to take over and assimalate everything,would the benifts outweigh the cons????not for me but the idea has its merits if policed well.

if simon would like to get in touch and clarifly his situatuation as to where he would stand on this. personally a conflict of intrest still springs to mind.

if not simon as author of sg4 -10 maybe Rick or ray at safety and access. or a top ncc member. Your thoughts aswell here please.

From a on-line Forum discussion the SCCR was formed. This didnt happen on a overnight whim, there was a identifiable need for a solution to the ever changing working environment of a Scaffolding operative, albeit, Labourer,Scaffolder,Chargehand,Supervisor,Contracts Manager or even CEO.

We were told by the HSE, you cant do that ! but they never emphasised how to get round the problem.

The NASC, told us how to get round the problem, for a price.

The CISRS, told us to pay more money, for courses to give us a ticket/card, before we could even address the problem.

The problem is, Why not 'Consult the guys at the coal face' hence the formation of the SCCR, to try and gain a right to be consulted about new Training,Regs,ACOP's and Guidance.

Stewart Quinney (Ragscaff) rose to the challenge, and formed the SCCR website, he was the only attendee at the first HSE meeting.

The foundations are set, and the time has come to vote once again for a new Committee. I was originally voted on this committee as Vice chair. However, after our elected H&S development officer had to stand down. Because of personal reasons, i undertook that role.

The H&S development officer role, is a very important part of the structure of the SCCR, for that reason, i think this role should be filled by a professional H&S consultant or adviser, who could commit to the role 100%, wheras i am unable to.

The furtherance of the SCCR is paramount in this instance, and as such i will not be standing for the H&S development officer post.

I thank all for their help in the last 6 months,and more so to Stewart who's devotion to the cause is second to none that i have ever witnessed.

Fraternal regards
Paddy Carr

Top Bottom