another job in the scaffold industry (1 Viewer)

bomber

Reaction score
30 yrs of scaffolding and l am thinking of doing supervisors course also advanced inspection course to get of the tools and get a job supervising not because l want to but because l dont think my body can take any more humping gear around ie back and shoulder problems, anybody else done similar sort of thing

Go for it bomber, i had only done the job 17 year before i had to get off the spanners, NEBOSH, Adv ins, and too many to mention.
however it is quite quiet in the supervisor/manager positions at the minute, so make sure you have all the angles covered.
P.S back on the joanna's on monday, can't wait:sick:
just hope my back can stand up till work picks up.

Best of luck

Good to see scaffs doing those jobs and bringing a bit of sanity to the industry.

Go for it bomber, i had only done the job 17 year before i had to get off the spanners, NEBOSH, Adv ins, and too many to mention.
however it is quite quiet in the supervisor/manager positions at the minute, so make sure you have all the angles covered.
P.S back on the joanna's on monday, can't wait:sick:
just hope my back can stand up till work picks up.

Best of luck
where you back on the spanners

cheers lads decided to do 5 day supervisers course and advanced inspection just got to find a training centre to do it nearest l think is safety and access in notts anybody know any more around the midlands

cheers

doing inspection course at safety and access in notts

Looking at doing the same meself Nebosh and advanced ticket , just getting all the dates tied together what a fookin nightmare
Worrying bout Nebosh though - i do not absorb info to great ha

Im in thesame position as you scaffy need to do NEBOSH, but that stuff is just not in this scaff

In a similiar position myself lads been scaffolding 21yrs Advanced Scaffolder,Inspector and have done my NEBOSH General and Construction certs plus many more. I was hoping with my back ground and the H&S qualifications it would open a lot of doors as i am not getting any younger, but applied for quite a few without success up to now but i wont give up.
Looking to do my diploma next but the cost and time you have to give to study is going to be very differcult.

Nothing wrong with bettering yourself, but the market is very bad across the board.
Going to have to get my spanners back on for now!.

Bomber you will have to change your name to hand to hand or lowered to the floor once you have that card.

lol has anybody got the latest cscs health and safety test c d-rom they want to flog

I have it mate yeah, let me see if I can copy it.

---------- Post added at 08:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:51 PM ----------

lol has anybody got the latest cscs health and safety test c d-rom they want to flog

Right Bomber, I can copy it no problem, thing is I just had a look for it and realised it's in my missus laptop bag. Trouble is she flew to Helsinki this morning with said laptop bag :laugh: :laugh:

She'll be back wed, i can post it thurs. No need for cash as I will post without stamp. You pay for it from Postman pat.

Sorted :D

5 Day Scaffold Supervisors and Advanced Scaffold Safety Inspection Course

Bomber,
I don't know where you live, but if you are in the South East, then Cskills at Erith deliver a highly recommended Advanced Scaffold Safety inspection course and 5 day Scaffold Supervisors Course. Ken Cain

cheers ken abit out my way booked the advanced inspection course at safety and access in notts thanks any way

Top Bottom