nvq bollox (1 Viewer)

bolo

Reaction score
Just wanted some advice i recently paid to do my part 2 course asking the whole time if the nvq was included.Than the instructor said yes than i get a phone call saying you have to pay 650 pound for some one to access me ******* bollox think some one is making a killing!Any way does this sound fair or what being im a self funder :evil::evil::evil:

Hi bolo, did you do the course through the citb, if so, the nvq element should carry on from your part 1 course.if not, ???

Welcome Bolo i was always under the impression that the NVQ was part of the course, there are some training instructors on here that might be able to help you sounds a bit odd to me :)

Welcome Bolo i was always under the impression that the NVQ was part of the course, there are some training instructors on here that might be able to help you sounds a bit odd to me :)

I thought that as well i completed my two week course than thinking that was that than rang up and was hit with a bill of 650?ALL IN ALL my part one was 750 plus 25 for card than my part 2 was 750 plus 650 for nvq total 2175:mad::mad:

---------- Post added at 10:41 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:40 AM ----------

self funded mate got me by the bollox mate

i did as well been told all the way thru it that it was included but when i booked it at first they didnt say a word now finding it hard to raise the money as i did it just before christmas so trying to play catch up at the moment:cry:

Bolo, is the other £650 not for your final assesment, which normally takes place 6 month after your part 2?
why they cant assess you when you do your 2 weeks in the center baffles me? yes its all about money.
No doubt one of the instructors on here will give the reasons why,
but it still doesn't stop you from being £650 lighter:sad:

Bolo, is the other £650 not for your final assesment, which normally takes place 6 month after your part 2?
why they cant assess you when you do your 2 weeks in the center baffles me? yes its all about money.

jakdan is correct....they want you pay for your assessment, which with your completed evidence (WBD) for the NVQ will enable you to get your Basic Scaffold card. Im also under the impression that you have a time restriction on how long you have got to complete this or your part II ticket becomes void and have to be retrained. 18 months on trainee card, if not completed reapply for new trainee card, another 18 months to gain basic card and if not successful you have to retake the part II course and start from there again. As said an instructor or even Simian Risk (SF Sponsor) will be able to give you much clearer information:confused:

yeah no what you mean just wish they would have told me before so i could have raised money and done it all at same time.Worst of all promiseda start butlost it due to the fact no ticket :sad:

yeah no what you mean just wish they would have told me before so i could have raised money and done it all at same time.Worst of all promiseda start butlost it due to the fact no ticket :sad:

Got to have 6 months inbetween anyway my man and they would have at some point along all your training have explained the procedure and time frames involved with training as a scaffolder from labourer/trainee through to advanced

jakdan is correct....they want you pay for your assessment, which with your completed evidence (WBD) for the NVQ will enable you to get your Basic Scaffold card. Im also under the impression that you have a time restriction on how long you have got to complete this or your part II ticket becomes void and have to be retrained. 18 months on trainee card, if not completed reapply for new trainee card, another 18 months to gain basic card and if not successful you have to retake the part II course and start from there again. As said an instructor or even Simian Risk (SF Sponsor) will be able to give you much clearer information:confused:
appreciate the advice just mad i was not told this as i thought it was the same procedure as part 1 course oh well just have to find the money from somewhere thanks for the advice :)

final assessment doesnt cost 650 does it , im sure its only 180

Hi Allan mate, i dont know. When i did my 'Advanced course' in 2000, with a training provider from South Shields, who you probably know, though i think not long afterwards, lost their right to be a training provider:eek:

Anyway, at the time there was 4 options available for the candidate to gain there 'Advanced card' and at the time, the price for any of those options was £350
1) Advanced training.....10 days
2) Advanced training with NVQ 3.....10 days with portfolio to be submitted
3) Assessed route of entry (Asre)......5 days
4) Assessed route of entry (ASRE) with NVQ3.....5 days plus portfolio to be submitted. ( I did this one).

How things have changed eh mate? there is a lot of people creaming off the Scaffs.:sick:

yes i know john . a lot of lads were sent out erecting jobs for him instead of doing the course . he was actually my instructor in hebburn before he opened his own centre

HAHA, we thought we could do some work for him instead of the course, (Wrong) it was Easter time and i think John at the time had a Villa in Marbella or something. Anyway Andy was running the 'Training centre' and the yard for him at the same time, and we had to do the course:sick:

I did my part in 2002 (£1000) then 7 years later payed another £1000 to do a 2 day UWPA course, where you go there and do some scaffolding, they take pics of you and complete the NVQ 2 for you. Would like to do the Advanced course but its going to be nightmare completing the porfolio and every time i phone CITB to ask them if there is a UWPA version for the Advanced card where they do the NVQ 3 for you, and how long you have to wait before you can do the UWPA you get a different story everytime, don`t think they really know what they`re talking about really but very keen to take your money.

I agree woodsie mate, took me ages to get my Portfolio together, anyway i did, was ready to send it off, and a lad at work (Gaffer in fact) suggested i Scan it and print some copies off:blink: and put it on disk as a back up:eek:

Hadnt a clue what he was on about as i had only heard about PC's,Scanners and printers. However, just as well. My Training provider, signed me off, but at the same time, was moving location. Yep you guessed it. my whole portfolio was lost in transit. i was lucky, in that sense that the Gaffer had done it for me. 11 years on i still have the disk and photocopies:sad:

cant someone just pay all the money and go straight to do the scaffold supervising course without the basic and NVQ ?

Yes, its like a scaffold inspection course you dont have to be a scaff to do it.

Top Bottom