reveal ties (1 Viewer)

slav80

Reaction score
Please lecture me...as i have sinned.I have used screw jacks in few places and got bollocked.
was told without reveal pin there is no reveal tie.fair enough.whats your experiences?
i know there is general rule that you cannot test this tie.there should be no more than 50% in whole structure.:sick::

slav my son they are banned absolute mate not allowed at all used to be 50% years ago lad.the real screws you need special Ckey podger done em too good bit of kit too.

dont ask me what it said on the drawing.
it said :excalibur bolt tie provided where reveal tie cannot be installed.

Have'nt used one in years, but seem to remember when you could use them, that a screw jack was not as strong.

used em regular in facade jobs brandy but like you not for sum considerable time,so what did you use for ties then slav.

reveal

majority of ties are band and plates,doubled,with 2 excalibur bolts in each.there was few windows about,so we went on to use screw jacks each end of the tube wooden packing...as alternative...but information on the drawing which is very recent was as i now understand criminally misleading...:sad2::sad2:

Please lecture me...as i have sinned.I have used screw jacks in few places and got bollocked.
was told without reveal pin there is no reveal tie.fair enough.whats your experiences?
i know there is general rule that you cannot test this tie.there should be no more than 50% in whole structure.:sick::

slav my son they are banned absolute mate not allowed at all used to be 50% years ago lad.the real screws you need special Ckey podger done em too good bit of kit too.

'In cases where it is impractical to drill into the surface of a building for screw or anchor ties, or where the quality of the fabric of the building is not known, or where it is impractical to open windows for tube and fitting ties, the attachment of the scaffold may be made by reveal ties - which rely on friction.'

'When used in scaffolds greater than four lifts the scaffold should be seperately designed although it is recommended that no more than 50% of ties to a facade should be reveal ties.' TG20:08 Volume 1 - 5.4.5 'Reveal Ties'

It was the recommendation in BS5973 - no more than 50% reveal ties in an un-sheeted scaffold and 25% of a sheeted scaffold, although now a sheeted scaffold would need a design anyway.

I missed that one myself mate, i must have been bored with TG20 when i got to that bit:laugh: i thought they were banned?
Nice to know. cheers

Yeah, it's funny how many misconceptions there are in the scaffolding industry....

So we can all go searching the fitting shed for the old reveal pins we threw somewhere and where did I leave that old reveal key.

when was the last time you seen a revel tie?when was the last time you fitted one proper,not with screw jacks ??i can mind all of the above vaugely,very vaugely.

Celticbhoy

Iv got a few in the shed---cana find the C key though :eek:

P.S. hows the job going ?

Garry...

Top Bottom