35 to 37m completely free standing scaffold (1 Viewer)

Ryan_Berry

Reaction score
Hi all,

I have just uploaded an album for a project I was design team leader on for the highways agency in Ipswich. This is unlike most scaffolds and thought you may be interested in seeing it. I have never come across a scaffold of this nature and am sure I probably will not again.

http://www.scaffoldersforum.com/mem...tely-free-standing-scaffold-13m-wide-min.html

Don't let the pier fool you, the scaffold is not able to abut the pier at all and was limited to just 20mm deflection at the top.

I hope you like the pics.

Regards,
Ryan

Was that the A14 over the Orwell Ryan?

Looks very impressive, I remember SGB doing the Albert Memorial down in London and I think the claim at the time was it was the heightest free standing scaffold built in the world!!

It is the A14 which passes over the estuary.

It was a difficult engineering project as greater width was not possible. We could only stand on the pile cap giving us a 13m wide scaffold. We have spoken with graham maddox who engineered that scaffold and was higher but had a bigger base area. Both are unbelievable scaffolds.

The amazing thing about the above scaffold was the level of accuracy within the erection. It was literally perfect.

---------- Post added at 01:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:31 PM ----------

Cheers jakdan. To be honest it wasn't too far off that! lol. It was just to replace the bearings, well when I say just the bearing it was a couple of ton. It cost more than the actual bearings themselves though.

I like it :) That is some monster. What's the height to the top? and more importantly what is it for?

Thanks for your comments Ryan, hell of a design ! look forward to working with you again soon.

Impressive Ryan,
I thinks vikings pic is the new diving board platform for the olympic games.
Any volunteers to test it?

Maybe when penis pearson gets of his big rig he would like to give it a go. Or anyone called Tony.:laugh:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1LZQJZjJG_g]YouTube - Zwarte Cross 2009 :: Sprong vanaf de 70 meter hoge Grolsch-toren[/ame]

TG

All that just to do a base jump????????? Thats some sponsership deal the jumper has..

Pulled the cord a bit to early for my liking!

Top Bottom