Scaffolders working to SG10 Regs? (1 Viewer)

The Heid

Reaction score
I have been working with a certain company who have adopted this method.

Just heard about it and dont know the ins and outs of it but advanced guardrails seems to be a big part of it.

Any info??

The NASC web site has SG10 down as Guidance notes for the requirements for the use of brick guards.

SG4(preventing falls in scaffolding and falsework) is due a revision in 2010 but nothing has been released yet

Last edited:
I Know NASC are going to update SG4:05 this year which i suppose will be SG4:10 this has come about after the HSE stated Traversing and the Tunnelling method will no longer be acceptable (see NASC interim guidance Appendix A).

As you say mate, the main emphasis is on Advanced Guardrails.

Paddy

Were having to run handrails and ledgers in, then erect a lift at handrail height so as when you jump up you have a single guardrail, ie your ledger, then fix your handrails for the next lift, then tranny it from below then put your boards up from below then strip out your temp working lift.

Does this mean that I can just discard my never been used harness or sell it on ebay??

Should maybe make this a competition and the winner gets a brand new harness!!!

How can companies be making any money??

Is this legislation yet or is it H&S Going mad:mad:

I thought that was just called the Short lift system, basically erecting in 1m increments

We use a scaffolders step up platform that hooks on the handrail and standard, it has a 2 rung ladder attached for access/egress.

Sorry mate, you still need to clip on when raising or lowering boards:cry:

Paddy

I've used the step b4 Paddy, Not a bad bit of kit... with T&F

I am unfortunate enough to be working with a certain company who are mainly system scaff orientated and have Kwik Guard. Dont know if you have used them m8 but even using your whole body to manouver the pieces of **** into place is bad enuff at the best of times... I feel a Rant coming on!!:cry:

Top Bottom