drawings wanted (1 Viewer)

scaffdar

Reaction score
Morning guys, I was hoping some of you guys with your own firms out there could help me with some drawings. I've had some time off and burried my head in Rob Bartlett's book and gone through a course publication by safety and Access. So if anyone has some old drawings they could let me have by email or post that would be great. From Housing site to high rise- complete with itineries etc that would effect the amount of rolling stock on site etc etc. If it's old stuff i'm hoping it's not gonna cause anyone grief. Many thanks men- :D

Hi,

I would be very cautious of using old drawings.
Unless your looking for generic loading bays or similar stuff then you will generally need job specific drawings.

Drawings are usually signed of by the engineers and I dont think they would appreciate their work being used without consent. Especially if in the worse case things go tits up.

Dave.

got two copies of that book as confusing as **** - still for sale on amazon and rob bartletts web site !!!
I couldnt make heads or tail off it ,

Yea, you need a degree in english and psychology like Bob himself to read his book. I am re-writing tho in laymens term's as a word document. So once i've finished i'll be glad to forward it on to any scaff's interested. And thanks Dave, was only asking to practise some long hand estimating. Not wanting to rub the engineers the wrong way ha ha. No harm in tryin, cheers anyway men

Yea, you need a degree in english and psychology like Bob himself to read his book. I am re-writing tho in laymens term's as a word document. So once i've finished i'll be glad to forward it on to any scaff's interested. And thanks Dave, was only asking to practise some long hand estimating. Not wanting to rub the engineers the wrong way ha ha. No harm in tryin, cheers anyway men

i think you will get a few offers on that one, i'm in cheers

To be perfectly honest jakdan, there ain't no magic once you've stripped back the english degree mixed in there ha ha , just components and tweaking of percentage's once you've worked out exact costs. And ofcourse. the experience of time. Anyhoo, once i've finished i'll let ya know

To be perfectly honest jakdan, there ain't no magic once you've stripped back the english degree mixed in there ha ha , just components and tweaking of percentage's once you've worked out exact costs. And ofcourse. the experience of time. Anyhoo, once i've finished i'll let ya know
19th January 2011
scaffdar

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Did you finish this ???

No, I'm afraid not- kept my notes but done the Nebosh Certificate and working through their Diploma right now. I'll probably get back to it in 3-4 months when I finish. But my last gaffer was an accountant by trade who set up his own company, excellent contracts manager and agreeable fella who gave me plenty of insight I didn't already know. And whilst he respects Bob views in his book, alot of it can't be adhered to. There's one or two standard rules then it's about knowing your market, knowing when going in cheaper will be beneficial in long run etc. Basically it's about the business- but I will return to the book soon. Hope this helps

No, I'm afraid not- kept my notes but done the Nebosh Certificate and working through their Diploma right now. I'll probably get back to it in 3-4 months when I finish. But my last gaffer was an accountant by trade who set up his own company, excellent contracts manager and agreeable fella who gave me plenty of insight I didn't already know. And whilst he respects Bob views in his book, alot of it can't be adhered to. There's one or two standard rules then it's about knowing your market, knowing when going in cheaper will be beneficial in long run etc. Basically it's about the business- but I will return to the book soon. Hope this helps

Now i'm intrigued,is your version in word going to be scaled down?if so could you count me in please scaffdar:D

Top Bottom