Leach's sh!te

steve_07725

Reaction score
Hey there
Working today on the 2nd lift and dropped me bubble me labourer pick it up and it was in two pieces,
Phoned up leachs and they didint want to know I bought it in oct 09 along with a reinforced spanner
from which fell apart just before christmas anyway he said the bubble has lasted well so you pay
good money and it only last 14 months to that he said he will give me discount on a new one for
him to say he will only knock off a tenner what a cheek so much for the slogon. Famous for quality.

Its a big ben one I like the fact the magnets are built in and like the bubble in it get most of me tools off them but they gone right tight on there deals.

I have a couple of spare bubbles for a Stabila, hardly used, kept in my drawer next to my glow in the dark level.

Sorry mate, couldnt resist it :embarrest: You are right though, if you pay good money, you expect good merchandise.

However, :embarrest: we all have done it! dropping Tools etc. and now you have the likes of Carrilion and Kier that demand. Tool lanyards, FFs what next? Every fitting,Tube and board secured in a way that, if the operator loses control of a 'component' it will be arrested by a fall prevention system.

Bring it on for the 'Brickies and Roof Tilers'.:mad:

This is just my opinion though.

i can remember when magnox brought 50 belts from leeches the whole works for an outage at dungerness so the scaffolders didnt have to use theres in the reactor when the outage finnished there wernt one belt left in the lockers must say the black belts last lol.

You right there paddy its all going mad butits always the scaffs who get the blame even when not on site.

Totally agree my friend, however, with the formation of this Forum, 5000+ members, and the New Confederation which has evolved, through these concerns, we are not a outcast commodity.

In my own honest opinion the worm has turned, not full circle, but maybe a quarter.

Reasons being!!!!!!!!! Outside of the Scaffolding and H&S world, How many Site managers, or PC,s know of TG20:08 how many have been informed about SG4:10.

Through this Forum and the SCCR, we can all help each other, there is some very knowledgeable people on here. From all aspects of the access community.

Knowledge is Power, from the knowledge that can be gained from this Forum (Excluding Word association and Mr Big Rig) this is a extra tool on your belt, which can be used to your advantage, when the guys with the White helmets and new Rig boots come bimbling along.

Regards
Paddy

when you work for cape on a shell facility you recive the lot belt tools the lot all spanking too,those nail spanners are a fecking pain though.

Hey there
Working today on the 2nd lift and dropped me bubble me labourer pick it up and it was in two pieces,
Phoned up leachs and they didint want to know I bought it in oct 09 along with a reinforced spanner
from which fell apart just before christmas anyway he said the bubble has lasted well so you pay
good money and it only last 14 months to that he said he will give me discount on a new one for
him to say he will only knock off a tenner what a cheek so much for the slogon. Famous for quality.

Your right about them Big Ben bubbles mate i had 2 in 3 months first one the glass vial fell out for no reason so i sent it back to Leachs and they sent me a new one but after about 2 months i noticed the thing had become bowed , so i went back to using a stabillia. The Big Ben is a lot easier to read but they aint as good as stabillia in my opinion.

Leach's are overpriced anyway.

They've been useless since they stopped being a small little tool shop in New Cross, South London, about 15 years ago.

i remember that shop and you are correct what you say phill181

Hey lads come on it was " SCAFFOLDERS DAY " yesterday at Leachs and if you buy 5 million over priced bags you can get a cutter for FREE :D

Hey lads come on it was " SCAFFOLDERS DAY " yesterday at Leachs and if you buy 5 million over priced bags you can get a cutter for FREE :D

I got another letter from leach's yesterday actually, but it found my paper shredder before I could open it....

Last edited:
lol av got three you can have them all,turn any fitting though too cumbersome.

Can i really have them mate? PM me and we will sort a price out mate. Leachs bought out Nailspan and now their 'elsies' are double the price.

I allways like a heavy spanner, once your turning the weight of the handle is also giving momentum. Titanium,ffs thats what aeroplanes are made of, cant afford to get on one, never mind buying a tool thats made from one;)

Top Bottom