Buzzard Enhancement

just had a lad on last trip who was working on there for about 6 trips , got paid off in oct time ,

My nephew worked on the Buzzard a while back---he's workin in Dubai now...

---------- Post added at 05:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:36 PM ----------

he did say he was on enhanced i.e. an up-lift every so often---golden handcuffs;)

Well he must of been on another part of the Buzzard Garry because there was no up-lift on the part we were on :(

Ye, with RBG on Dave Murry's Crew, Cammy Welsh was there ana cant remember anyone else at the moment, and some one call Moryaty ...

Aye yeah Moryaty is a core crew rep on the Buzzard and was put in charge of running the hook-up project while we were there. Most of us lot just worked on the PS platform there.

I was offered a start on thbuz but when I found out that you had to humff a BA set every where you went I knocked it back---its bad enough humffin gear never mind oxy botttle ana :eek:

nah dan havnt had work since thn, absolute nout on anywhere, just phone places up to get nocked back really

Fit like min maniewinaename

Im nae sure I was never on the Buz, jist mi nehpew yapin aboot the crew...

far yi fae min ?

---------- Post added at 10:02 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:00 AM ----------

aye , I wis wi Cammy on the TLP---what a Man eh, hes neer as bad as Donnie McGrath min :nuts:

Stonehaven. Live abroad now. Donny McGrath, i heard he had died but obviously not true. TLP has been gone awhile now hasnt it? Who were you on that for? Were the Smith bros, Jim and Tam, the crane drivers then?

Kevin

What happened to Donnie McGrath ???

Garry...

---------- Post added at 06:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:12 PM ----------

Maniewinaename

Aye, was on the TLP in the 80's with Aberdeen Scaffolding, wirkin with Jimmy (melonheed) Anderson, Peter Gaffny, Supervsor was Ricky Morgan ( the inventor of the Undredeck 2000 ), occupyed the Installation with OILC...

the melon hes in renfrew last i heard,donnies a member of the forum go to the cecol thread youll find his avatar there garry.

Underdeck 2000, probably the worst and heaviest fitting ever invented.
Must of just missed you, i went to the TLP when that Lowestoft mob had it. ISL i think they were called. Worked wi RM for many years on and off. Peter Gaffney was a character.

is it true during the sit-ins and strikes offshore the oil companies were trying to have the men charged with PIRACEY??a was told this a few times by some older hands,thanks.

Celticbhoy

Piracy aaar, thems were the days friggin from the riggin cos ther wer feck all else to do...

Aye, we occupied the TLP, what a carry on, we all mucked in together. we were due to with draw our labour at midnight, a request came in to erect a Scaffold around the Drilling Kelly Pipe to gain access to the King Block, we, Jimmy Anderson and Peter Gaffney were on nights , started at 7 pm and completed it around 11.30 then MIDNIGHT and with drew oor Labour, the Drill Crew finished the job on the King Block and asked us to strip the Scaff, we told them NO :p, the Company Men were going ape because they couldni get the Drilling Ops goin for the Scaffold, aye what a carry on---they finaly starved us off the Rig and for my Pains I along with many a good Scaff got NRB'd and Black Listed and the walkabout for 2 years---but I'd do it all again if it was a just cause...Iv been back Offshore since, but the Brotherhood was never quite the same...

jjimmy and peter proper characters met a lot of the lads not required back and blacklisted,yourself and them all have my upmost respect as,if it wernt for yourselfs the conditions out there would not be what they are.PS WHAT HAVE YOU DONE WITH YOUR EYEPATCH AND PARROT??

Top Bottom