Lucky Escape (1 Viewer)

SF Admin

Administrator
Reaction score
1702681275.jpg

THIS was the dramatic scene in Wigan town centre when a fork-lift truck toppled over and crashed into scaffolding.

Miraculously, nobody was injured after a Pegasus rotating truck fell sideways from uneven ground onto the scaffolding of the South Life Centre site, where the new swimming pool complex is intended to be.

An investigation has now been launched into what happened.

Worried onlookers had gathered around Millgate when Morgan Sindall employees arrived to assess the damage, yesterday morning. One shopper said: “I first drove past and saw all these men looking at some machinery.

“Then later on, I walked past again and there were a lot more men there, there might have been about 40 of them. They all seemed to be looking at this piece of machinery which I thought looked like a crane, it had fallen onto the scaffolding.

“Lots of people who were walking past had gathered to see what all the comotion was about. It was a miracle that nobody was hurt, it looked quite dangerous.”

Source: Wigan Observer

just as well everyone was doing there cscs trainning how says the card dont make you safe lol!!!

Says a lot for the scaffolding though.

''Look at that boss its still standin any chance of a raise?''

''Nah your ladders not one in four''

saw them putting this job up, took their time but does look a decent job, mills' on corner standards and everything. its taken a good wallop!

Thats a Daeci 360 degree forklift , often used as a crane but note the jacks have not been put out - tidy bit of kit

Dieci Ltd

Thats a Daeci 360 degree forklift , often used as a crane but note the jacks have not been put out - tidy bit of kit

Dieci Ltd

As observed outriggers are not in position, yip, good piece of kit when properly applied, however, in this case the picture tells the story...

Thats funny scaff mag sent me that breaking news 3 hours ago!!

Like the fact that they said due to uneven ground. Compaired to most sites down here that looks faily flat to me.

Whats up with the crane behind, looks like its broke its suspension :eek:

ragscaff

Ye, ground conditions look not to bad, save the 2in covering of tar over the exposed cobbles...I suppose 2in would be plenty to topple the extension arm, it looks at near full tilt eh...

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ixqbc7X2NQY]YouTube - Lola-The Kinks #5.*Top Of The Pops-70s*[/ame]

I hear the driver was listening to this at the time :D

Don't know what happened but one of the builders has one of these machines, reckons he paid around 90k for it a couple of years back with all the attachments. Excellent piece of kit which made our wee nifty lift look like something for ken and barbie.

yeh mate fancied getting one me self but well dear and would take 20 years to earn the dough back

is 90k what you were looking at? No way we could look at it but very envious of the guy who has it and I can assure you he is not the type to wait 20 years for a return. There is another round here truck mounted which is a thing of beuty rumour has it around 250k hires out for round £800 a day with operator which is also the dogs. I reckoned there is a big market out there for these machines but we cant change a bulb in the truck without supervision so struggle to make them pay.

Top Bottom