confined spaces or cscs (1 Viewer)

Mc

Reaction score
Is there any point doing a confined spaces course is it used anywhere most places i have worked don't bother.

i used to have a CSCS but again never used it but most place are asking for it now at least on constuction sites even though anyone with a CISRS card is health and safety trained anyway.

which do you think would be best to get a start i cant really afford them both.

Thanks

MC, are you a trained scaffolder? ie CISRS
CSCS is for w@nkers like bricklayers and joiners etc etc:sick:. and only costs a few quid and about ten minutes of your time to pass the touch screen test.
confined spaces is a good thing to have but not essential to be a scaff,
give a bit more info at what you are looking for etc and i'm sure someone will help

cheers

Mc

I'd go for the CSCS---Confined Spaces Training in my view and experience is usually is undertaken in-house---Confined Spaces covers a wide range of work places ranging from ditches, culverts and Vessel Entry.

I have had experience of Vessel Entry ect during shut down and the Service Company or the Principal Contractor usually put the Lads through their Confined Spaces and Emergency Response Training Regime...

Garry...

CSCS is needed so re-new your CISRS card at around £35 quid a pop. Confined spaces a lot more dollar. Depends what you want really, I've never been asked for my confined spaces though.

hi Mc.
when l upgraded my p.2 to advanced,l was told l needed a valid cscs test. so,l did mine at citb birmingham,when l did advanced course. also bin told that if l do any other courses & want to add them to my ticket,then l have to do a new cscs touch screen test.
confined spaces,mine ran out last year & l've had to turn down 3 or 4 jobs becuase of that,gonna re-do mine when l get the cash.

Thanks for the response

i have my part 2 and CCNSG card and have worked on power stations but now out of work and looking around all i see is CSCS card needed.
do i need to do the operator and working at heights or just the working at heights or just the operator to get on site

thanks

if youve got ccnsg that should do you mc as its the same as the cscs card why it has to be 2 diffrent cards beats me

Ye thats what i said but all the companies i have called want CSCS cards most of them are agencies mind but a few companies i have called direct say it has to be CSCS. I dont think any of them know whats what anymore now it looks like 30 for the card and 17.50 for test Yay

yea,woz on a site june,last year,& the agent wasn't gonna let the one lad on,he had his p.1 & safety passport but the agent didn't know about it & was saying cscs or no access to site. he eventually had to call company his safety guy & found that they accepted both,so the lad got on in the end. took about an hour's worth of phone calls to sort it out thoo.

Thanks for the response

i have my part 2 and CCNSG card and have worked on power stations but now out of work and looking around all i see is CSCS card needed.
do i need to do the operator and working at heights or just the working at heights or just the operator to get on site

thanks

Mc, Your CISRS part 2 is your CSCS card on the front top left hand corner says CSCS and on the back it will say Health and Safety trained, you can renew it with your CCNSG card as long as it is in date. no need to do the CSCS touchscreen course m8.

yea,woz on a site june,last year,& the agent wasn't gonna let the one lad on,he had his p.1 & safety passport but the agent didn't know about it & was saying cscs or no access to site. he eventually had to call company his safety guy & found that they accepted both,so the lad got on in the end. took about an hour's worth of phone calls to sort it out thoo.

too many money making machines one dont no what the others doing cscs or ccnsg make your mind up what makes me laugh ccnsg is ecitb make your mind up!!!

Mc, Your CISRS part 2 is your CSCS card on the front top left hand corner says CSCS and on the back it will say Health and Safety trained, you can renew it with your CCNSG card as long as it is in date. no need to do the CSCS touchscreen course m8.

Thats the other thing i said. so why are scaffolding companies who are advertising for scaffolders wanting CSCS cards when they should know its part of the CISRS card.

They want you to have at least 3 different cards to prove you can walk on a site

thank fukc for that TANIMAL i was starting to get confused myself.:confused:

The thing that get on my tit is that the we get these add on training tickets then we go on a job where it is not required ( Confined Spaces ) the the cert runs out before you use it then you got to pay to renew---na feck that Man---the Service Companies should be conducting in-house Training in Confined Spaces as and when required...

totally agree Garry, Companys should do a half day in house confined space training on how to get in and how to get out + hazards of their space, because every tank, silo, boiler or big room all have different dangers.
I done my Con space about six years ago used it once and it took 3 days one of them being first aid (i was already a first aider)
money money money

jakdan

Quite agree---Train as and when required---addressing the inherent dangers associated with the Vessel and Task and to include Accident and Emergencies Retrieval...

MC, are you a trained scaffolder? ie CISRS
CSCS is for w@nkers like bricklayers and joiners etc etc:sick:. and only costs a few quid and about ten minutes of your time to pass the touch screen test.
confined spaces is a good thing to have but not essential to be a scaff,
give a bit more info at what you are looking for etc and i'm sure someone will help

cheers

:laugh: Marvellous quote! :laugh:

Thats interesting - I was under the impression that everyone on site had to have CSCS... didn't realise it was included in your part 2 CISRS.

Thats interesting - I was under the impression that everyone on site had to have CSCS... didn't realise it was included in your part 2 CISRS.

if you have your CISRS and you do the CSCS touch screen it is marked on your card as H&S TESTED,

So CISRS is the scaffs version of CSCS hope that helps aaaaarrrrgggghhhh:nuts:

spoke to CISRS today and they said the 2 cards are separate but because the CISRS card is affiliated with CSCS you dont need 2 separate cards to work on site. every CISRS card should have CSCS on the top left but i know scaffs with it on and have never done the touch screen test but we have all completed the health and safety as part of the course to become scaffs.
Either way most sites wont let us on without it so do you get the card incase or risk not getting a start

Top Bottom