hard hat safety (1 Viewer)

lfcscaff

Reaction score
hello to you all talking of heath& safty on a site not so long ago where there where contractors on site wearing turbans, but nothing said to them but let them catch you without your hard hat on and you get the riot act . How can a turban replace the safty of a hard hat!!! Is there a different set of rules for people who wear them thanks,

So what? let them wear it. Anything lands on their heads and kills them, surely it's there own fault.

They are exempt from wearing hard hats , but what the HSE and the powers that be should do is make them wear oversize hard hats now that would be funny :)

hard hat safty

i think religious beliefs over ride the HSE regs that we have to abide by

back in the eighties some sikh tried suing Nestle because they wouldnt employer him for his long beard hanging in the food, he never got a penny. But in todays PC world hed probally get paid out.

every ones scared to make them do any thing as they will throw the rascist card at you straight away . i think if they are carrying a knife and approach you you should be able to defend yourself by 2 footed stamping on there heads

every ones scared to make them do any thing as they will throw the rascist card at you straight away . i think if they are carrying a knife and approach you you should be able to defend yourself by 2 footed stamping on there heads

Or setting their beards alight :laugh::laugh:

My religeous belief is your time is written. You die when you die, no matter how much Health & Safety there is it won't help. So its no point wearing all the safety gear I'm going to get run over by a bus or choke on my sandwich.

What a load of b*llocks. Winds up the safety bloke on site though!!:D

8. Measures to remove the risk of head injury or control it effectively should always be considered first. The provision of hard hats should always be a last resort. This is of importance to all workers, so that risks are designed out for the benefit of all

That sounds like the work at height regulation to me and the reason we are all carrying steps and AGR so has there been a step change in how bangs to the head are controlled and will we all be able to throw the hard hat away?

In my opinion the only time when someone in position will step forward and declare that hard hats are an optional accessory, is the day that all ambulance chasers retire, the day all politicians stop throwing the liability at the employer and all the blokes on here that say H&S is b----x stop putting claims in when they get the tiniest scratch.

I agree with hard hats there is to many ars*holes working on sites that can drop something on your head , but if your basing out on the street or your up the scaffold then you should be able to leave them of , i have seen lads working on the roads wearing hard hats same thing as hi viz vest seems everyone is wearing them these days i understand why you should wear them on a large site or your working on a motorway or rail track but again if your working on the street then why do you need them .

You Have To Wear A Hard Hat For The Same Reason You Have To Wear A Harness Etc, Because Your Employers Insurance Tells You To, Like Ive Said (All Reasonable Measures And All That) Its Not About Your Safety Its About Their No Claims Bonus

You Have To Wear A Hard Hat For The Same Reason You Have To Wear A Harness Etc, Because Your Employers Insurance Tells You To, Like Ive Said (All Reasonable Measures And All That) Its Not About Your Safety Its About Their No Claims Bonus

Is this a dig at employers?

Don't think any employer wants to see any of their men injured,
Would you be any different Gerscaff if you was a company boss?

We all agree that Hard Hats can protect us from falling objects ect---however, many Hard Had design can be the causation for head impact injuries---

For many years now I prefer the V Guard Reduced Peak Helmet, before the conception of the Reduced Peak we used to modify the Peaks with a hacksaw, I know this was a Breach of PPE Regs, OR wear the Helmet in reverse. In my view the Reduced Peak can give improved visability when crawling around steel work and when on Suspended Scaffolds.

Whats your Pref: Reduced Peak, Conventional OR a Turban :eek:

Phil

PMSL

Ye, the Management would'n know who was under it---you could feck off to the Pub, they would'nt know who was on the job---yi could send yer Grannie to the job to put up the System PMSL :nuts:

WWWooooooooossh:wacko:

Plus we could have the old " Dead man " scenario back and make a fortune while we sit on SF or facebook LOL

OH yes, had a few Dead Men on the job in my time---a few extra brown pay packets always come in handy :cool:

Top Bottom