Ecitb

R

ragscaff

Following a post placed on the ECITB thread I have posted my reply on here as well.

I thought the grant levy finished up last year. Thats what we were told. Dave Abs telling people to hurry up & register?

Not bad over £1600 to pay over three years & you get an advanced card or do I read it wrong!!

Mind you they say you can take your ECITB card into any site until the end of the year no problem...............................Hold on I had a guy whos not on the forum with an ECITB card who has been out of work because no one will accept his card, who does he go to about that!!

Simian:: can the ECITB scaffolders get funded or not?

Stewart

P.S. I will post this on their pages as well!!

Stewart, I will respond in the morning, I am just looking at the thread on my phone

Train to Gain is still available at Simian, its free but it comes with categories for Level 2:

If you have nothing you must be over 25 with three years experience

You must be employed

If you are 23 and have done a part one you could be eligable.

The company you work for should be able to pass the health and safety assessment and they must meet the skills match as in you will build the jobs that are in the portfolio.

For Level 3 advanced its all the rest but its £500 plus vat if you are over 25.

This funding is due to end in March but it may get a short reprieve, if you are signed up prior your in.

So if you are not employed you are still out in the cold?

So if you are not employed you are still out in the cold?

Some training centres do a response to redundancy funding stream, it is something we could not get funding for. However its hard on anyone who is not working, we have trained people through places like Wales funding, Sysco and partnership for learning from Liverpool as they got European funding because of the percentage of unemployed people in their area.

To get that funding they had to have a letter from a company saying they would take them on if they got the course.

That would be like the PTS & getting sponsored?

If there was a scheme allowing unemployed ECITB scaffolders to go through to their part 2 fully funded i would have found it and would have been marketing it. If one comes out watch this space.

There is talk of something replacing train to gain but again its employment based. One of the things that gets me is everyone who goes to sign on over a period they ask you to re-train, why not look at honing your skills and making you more employable. As we all know if you were on the dole with a part one and you could do a part 2 it has more chance of getting you a job.

Its all about understanding what we do as its a niche market and an unusual trade, job centre staff dont realise people like to scaffold, once you are in its hard to get away.

I started with one of the old EITB cards from CEU in London and dropped lucky getting the training, I was an ECITB ticket holder as well but dropped it in 2000.

Top Bottom