Clock Tower

mart62

Reaction score
I have to price to scaffold to the top of a clock tower on my town hall. It is going to be 14 lifts up with the top 2 lifts boarded.

The clock tower measures 14 feet on all 4 sides.

If anyone could give me a second opinion on the timescale regarding labour man hours I would be eternally grateful.

Cheers

Martin

Are the workmen getting out of an opening at the clockface or do you need to ladder the whole thing? Sheeted?

depending on your lads speed etc id say around 2 weeks possibly upto 3, but then again it does depend how intricate the detail is, speed of your lads, men on job? design? listed building?

not much help am i? sorry

Normal 6ft 6 lifts with ladder access from the ground so need landing platforms all the way up.

does it have fans usually job that size would have a fan and a catchers fan and does it have extra standards an base out and is it netted another couple of days if it does

Impresuming the clock tower is attached to the hall? Is it 3 sides so far up with beams over the hall roof? How many lifts above the beams are there and will they have to be craned in?

Some other things to consider

Last edited:
you wanna be given more detail,how many lads are ya gonna use on the job,have ya use of a teleporter,a crane,have ya got a good squad of lads that work well together,will all the material be there as you need it,what hrs can you work,dont forget its a public place,have you council perments,do you have to fan it out,how you can come here and ask total strangers how long it is going to take (you) and your squad to build a job on a time scale is beyond me,and further more you are getting replies,only you yourself know what your capabile of,are ya gonna have a full squad of scaff,or just one team leader and a load of labordours,have you allowed for wet time,will your guys work in the rain,if not will you get day works,and further more a job like that can be whacked up in a profession manner in alot less than 4 wks as one member replied ,how silly are people to give you replies,as i said we dont know what your capible of and how fast you work in a safe manner

you wanna be given more detail,how many lads are ya gonna use on the job,have ya use of a teleporter,a crane,have ya got a good squad of lads that work well together,will all the material be there as you need it,what hrs can you work,dont forget its a public place,have you council perments,do you have to fan it out,how you can come here and ask total strangers how long it is going to take (you) and your squad to build a job on a time scale is beyond me,and further more you are getting replies,only you yourself know what your capabile of,are ya gonna have a full squad of scaff,or just one team leader and a load of labordours,have you allowed for wet time,will your guys work in the rain,if not will you get day works,and further more a job like that can be whacked up in a profession manner in alot less than 4 wks as one member replied ,how silly are people to give you replies,as i said we dont know what your capible of and how fast you work in a safe manner

i said 2wks 4 men for the reason i just got it was 14x14 times 14 lifts top 2 boarded it was just my opinion

i said 2wks 4 men for the reason i just got it was 14x14 times 14 lifts top 2 boarded it was just my opinion

also ,how are ya gonna tie in,a building like that if it has preservation order on it are they gonna let you,have you to build a huge butress,are ya gonna build loading bays to land your material,give the right specs of the job and mayb then you will get the right anwsers ,also what are ya gonna build it with,cup lock,layer,yellow jelly,tube fitting/?

i think he was just looking for a rough idea, ive worked with more estimators.supervisors/ managers than i care to remember and a good scaff will nearly always ask for a second opinion, even though they know the job inside out. FFS even doctors get second opinions

ps have a look at the sizes? would you tie it in?

just my opinion

me and my squad 15 year ago 3 days:nuts:
now 3 month:D

Last edited:
also ,how are ya gonna tie in,a building like that if it has preservation order on it are they gonna let you,have you to build a huge butress,are ya gonna build loading bays to land your material,give the right specs of the job and mayb then you will get the right anwsers ,also what are ya gonna build it with,cup lock,layer,yellow jelly,tube fitting/?

i cant answer you as im not pricing the job and im not building it mate but if it was t&f useing the step up and the size given by the poster i would smash it in 2weeks with 4 men if it was a system it would be less:D

Top Bottom