australian tickets recognised? (1 Viewer)

jakeyboy

Reaction score
Gday,
I'm an aussie scaff of 7 years experience looking for work in edinburgh. Can anyone tell me if my australian advanced high risk work scaff ticket is recognised in the uk? All the company's I've spoken to seem to be unsure themselves. Some have also suggested that I need a CSCS ticket where others are saying my australian tickets may cover the CSCS ticket.
Can anyone help clear this up for me?
Cheers,
Jake

The simple answer is no , you have to be registered with cisrs and your aussie tickets won`t be registered , most sites would demand cscs accreditation , sorry jake .

you would think there would be a mutual agreement with countries recognising each others carded tradesmen,after all it then falls on the operative to start and PAY again.but alas once again it looks like hand in the pocket again mate best of luck mate.

i certainly don't agree with the way the aussie ticketing system works either. it went from 3 years to 1 year to 36 weeks and now you can get an advanced ticket in 9 days. worse, often these green "scaffolders" are preffered for jobs over experienced blokes because they won't speak up if anything is wrong, safety is off, pay's are incorrect etc.
i am willing to do a cscs course, but is there something else i need to do? i am well aware of the uk standards for licensing scaffolders and am more than happy to just pass gear if needs be. i dont have any tools here yet anyway!

G'Day sport welcome to the forum:D I hear theres some sort of cricket tournament going on down your way ;)

haha i don't think i'm going to hear the end of this all year. but i suppose you guys don't get much chance to brag so you gotta do it while you can.
fair play to ya tho, we were completely outclassed. but of ocurse i'm not gonna repeat that too many times

i certainly don't agree with the way the aussie ticketing system works either. it went from 3 years to 1 year to 36 weeks and now you can get an advanced ticket in 9 days. worse, often these green "scaffolders" are preffered for jobs over experienced blokes because they won't speak up if anything is wrong, safety is off, pay's are incorrect etc.
i am willing to do a cscs course, but is there something else i need to do? i am well aware of the uk standards for licensing scaffolders and am more than happy to just pass gear if needs be. i dont have any tools here yet anyway!

The first step would be to do the CSCS touch screen test and apply for CISRS trainees card , scaffold firms would then be able to employ you as part of a supervised gang.

CSCS Health and Safety Test

http://www.cisrs.org.uk/documents/card_scaffolder_application_form.pdf

cheers lads! suppose this is all stuff i should've been doing in december when i first got here, but with a year off on holidays i'm not really all that keen to join the real world again. however my bank account has a different take on the matter!

Hiya lads just wondering when I get to OZ does anybody know of where I can actually get the OZ equivalent of a part 2 card when I get there. I could do with a website address one near Melbourne. Cheers

Top Bottom