advance ticket (1 Viewer)

scaffie bull

Reaction score
Hi lads

just looking for some advice been scaffin nearly 10 years now and thinking of going for the advanced but i work for a small company and its going to be hard to get the portfolio evidence is there another way round all the paperwork

different trainig places do different schemes , allways found safety and access requirements to be easier to satisfy then other places , what training centre do you use

You cant do an assesed route of entry anymore. You have to do you`r part 1, 2 then advanced its gonna take years. It used to be if you had 5 years experience you could go strait for advanced but sorry to say thats changed now. Probably more money to be made the new way.

Was minimum of 10 years experience that could be verified to do the Advance assessed route at Erith when i done it 5 years ago

Yeh maybe your right, could be minimum 5 years for basic scaff card.

They`ve put a stop to it now, have to work yourself up from part 1, could be a good thing in a way, but gutting if you have been genuinely on the spanners for 10 years then have to go and do part 1. Such is life.

ive already got my blue card but found it hard to get the evidence for that as i work for a small company so was just thinking trying to get the evidence for an advance folder is gona be a nightmare i done my other training at bircham

As far as i know the Assessed route was only ever going to be in place for a certain length of time to give all the old hands the chance to get a ticket , you are spot on allan it did get abused to fuc* and a lot of total wan*ers got tickets from it , i know of 3 lads that are completely fuc*ing useless and have advanced tickets , the advanced route was much easier to pass then the basic because you had to work in gangs on the advanced so it was easy for someone to bluff it.

try safety and access they always give advice and best way to get evidence as i am one of instructors there

What sort of ticket do the lads get when they complete the course falco ?

I got a lad iam ready to send to the CITB he is 18 and been with me 2 years i have never considered another training route , would their ticket be widely accepted ?

ive already got my blue card but found it hard to get the evidence for that as i work for a small company so was just thinking trying to get the evidence for an advance folder is gona be a nightmare i done my other training at bircham

The portfolio evidence for the advanced NVQ3 is easier to get together as much of it geared towards the supervisor side of things and things like risk assessments and method statements cover a lot of the units and as more jobs require drawings these days and copies are readily available. Just go for it mate do the course and if you need any help with the portfolio post on the forum and I'm sure there will be plenty of offers of help and advice . :)

What sort of ticket do the lads get when they complete the course falco ?

I got a lad iam ready to send to the CITB he is 18 and been with me 2 years i have never considered another training route , would their ticket be widely accepted ?
all i will say is our evidence paperwork is easier to complete

I thought the new portfolios didnt require pics just written garble....therefore portfolios can be easily completed at any firm regardless.

I do not consolidate anyone providing false or incorrect information towards their NVQs but CITB havent exactly made it difficult to get away with :D

its not a portfolio any more. its a work based diary, dont know if that would be any better for you

Hi can you not file photo evidence and get another advanced scaffolder to sighn them off. Saying that you did do the work. If you have no advanced scaffolders on your firm,with who you work for? You shouldnt realy be doing advanced work.
It might be time to find another job were you can get the exspirance and time with an advanced scaffolder were they can help you get your evidence.
Its a tricky one though it sounds to me that if on your firm you have no advanced scaffolders how can you gain the exsperance.You should not be doing advanced work as a buisness.A catch 22 as they say maybe time to move to another company to gain your ticket

all u need is copies of timesheets or handovers certs of the structure types what is recommended for evidence

How can a part two do advanced work and sighn it off. If your working doing an advanced job you should have an advanced scaffolder working with you and he should sighn off the job.Then he should sighn you off to say you were working on the job and he garantes that you were capibale to do that type of work.Its the advanced ticket holders card on the line or it should be.
This is were our trade is going down to poorly trained ticket holders.Or shall i say it a monkey with a ticket who cant do the job.

IMO if the NVQ is to have any significance as a nationally recognised level of competency, the assessment needs to be carried out on site on a daily basis by a qualified assessor. I believe the industry would be better served if part of the site supervisor role involved NVQ assessment .

Top Bottom