hilti ties (1 Viewer)

paul

Reaction score
It makes me laugh when i still see scaffs who still cannot put hilti ties in .
Was watching this scaff try to put a hilti tie in and he made a right mess of it.

i havnt used hilti ties for years . most people i work for use the apollo ties that go straight in to the wall . much quicker than hiltis although i doubt there any where near as strong

yea theres that many alternatives to the hilti ring now lot of guys use other variouse tie systems now,probably all cheaper than the hilti too the excaliber springs to mind mate.

i still use hiltis , have tried moving over to excaliber bolts but they just dont seem to get tight enough and i find it hard to trust them , and always end up getting out the hilti kit

i prefer hilti over all the others

especially with the rubber anchors, will bite into anything

the apollo ties i just cany get on with, pain in the a&*e to strike as they are so tight

them hilti rubbers are the dogs nuts for brickwork Gus , i put a bit of duck tape around the normal hilti anchors and that helps them bite quite well

i have been on a few jobs where the customer wont allow hilti ties because of the damage to the brick. i always keep a few hilti rings on the wagon when working street work , you never know where you ll find hiltis already drilled

My old firm started gluing the hilti plugs into the wall with poxy cement. Isnt that now the legislation for hiltis?

You would think with todays H&S they would do new builds with bricks that have a hilti plug imbedded for future maitanence!

Last edited:
i thought hilti ties was for concrete and not brick was told that from hilti when i picked some up

thats when the rubber anchors are good

aslong as you dont over do it and blow the brick

hi allan i have not seen any brick work jobs with concrete beween the brick work :confused::confused: but i have seen brick work with mortar between the bricks when i have used the apollo ties that work out to 2 courses of bricks and the 2x12mm bolts go into the mortar and bit into the top and bottom of the bricks

concrete , mortar its all the same to me , what are you a fu£king brickie.clever c*nt

---------- Post added at 05:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:53 PM ----------

definetly only a bricklayer could come out with that . are you polish ?

only my second post on the forum happy new year allan:bigsmile::bigsmile:

Top Bottom