Poll-- best training centre (1 Viewer)

S

steve gregory

new year and alot of people on here will be wanting some guidence as to which training centre to use..

SO everybody get your reasons in and why they are good or bad..

this is also going to used as research for the sccr.keep it clean.

I liked UTN at wakefield but when I did my part 1 in 96 I went to SIS in Nottingham and what I liked there was the hemping tower for people that couldn't top out it gave them abit of confidence.Funny though as kids you get now a days can't seem to tie a ladder don't they train them to tie them anymore

only ever been to Erith was the closet to London , did send my lads there and they seemed to do ok there, the Instructors always returned my calls whenever i had a query.
So on the whole nothing bad to report but i have nothing to compare it with.

i went to bircham newton for my part one,i give that place a 9 out of ten,i took part two and advanced at training 2000 blackburn,ide give them a ten out of ten.both good places.:cool:

I did my training at the' University of life' worked well up till now, 10 out of 10.
I also had to get a card, so i did my advanced at ************** 1 out of 10

I went to **** in ******* did the 2 weekends, got a gold card, what a waste of time, 7 men doing a raking shore 5 of them holding the drawing upside down, answers to the written questions on the desk, all the usual crap.

Obviously no one failed 2/10

Last edited:
you get a ticket,then start to learn the job on the sites or the street,you will never know everything about this job,you will just gain knowledge and experience.:cool:the more you gain,the better the storys in the pub.:D

I went to **** in ******* did the 2 weekends, got a gold card, what a waste of time, 7 men doing a raking shore 5 of them holding the drawing upside down, answers to the written questions on the desk, all the usual crap.

Obviously no one failed 2/10

wished i had known about the to weekend courses i have a mate how had an ecitb ticket and know has a advanced gold card which was paid for by the welsh council over 2 weekends even he said what a load of olde ******** he said when they humped all the gear for a hanging scaffold the instructor said dont worry thats it for today clear up 32 hours hours to get a ticket ********!!!

Was in the pub earlier got a call to do a job tomorrow, Christmas time, Christmas money.

im sure you will be factoring in the time of year brandy lol,keeps the pennys rolling in mate.

Did my 1 and 2 at Mowlem Liverpool and advanced Citb Glasgow. All weresound and no one failed

did advanced at Mowlems,thought it was ok

ill see ya on your xmas do later. be teatime when i arrive. WHEY HEY FREE BAR.. GRUM IS GOD....LOL.

I myself did my part 1&2 at safety and access .It was so nice seeing John Campbell still there when I called recently. Did Advanced at UTN and Advanced inspections and first aid plus other stuff. Kevin Morris( The best instructor i know) and Gary Brown and Keith Smith and Rob Nicholls ( Top Guys.)

How many of ya can remember Elaine at S&A.. 1 scary woman she was.

Last edited:
ol yes mate had some grief with ms cawley over the years , to be fair she was sound tho

Did my part 1 and 2, plus basic inspection at safety and access, I remember Elaine, would'nt want a scrap with her.. **** that :bigsmile:, nice lass though, John Campbill was cool,

Did advanced and adv inspection at UTN, with Rob, best instructor I've had.

Going to do the supv course in May at UTN..

---------- Post added at 01:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:54 PM ----------

Oh.. did my pasma with some nobhead from pasma, not a scaff, and what a full weight ****.. mada banging a tower up to be like flying a plane. LOL

Did my part 1 with Mick Hussey,my part 2 with Fran the hands Michna,advanced with Rob Nicholls,supervisors card with some **** that new everything and estimating course with John Cambell

Top Bottom