Scaffold Wraps

Swinny46

Reaction score
Does anyone know or used and companies that supply and install the shrinkable sheeting?

Im new to this type and would appreciate any information anyone has.

Regards

google ENVIROWRAP based in holland but has loads of boys all over the country.
TUFCOAT, they supply the stuff only, but also give training.(i think)
there are a couple more but???????????
if i get time i will get numbers of supervisors and pass them on.

cheers

I spoke to someone at Tufcoat yesterday, and they supply and install. Got a price off them, but wanted to get a couple more.

Thanks for your reply.

there is a lad up here called ultimate he does shrinkwrap , he done abramovichs boat a while back lol, pity the chelsea muppet wasnt still in it:laugh:

Pro Access Bedfordshire do it, Martin on 01525 373752 :blink1:

we do it as well Brian Fielder 07738 698123

if you think your going to be using it more than once you may as well get a few lads trained , i just done the training and i m sure the course only cost about a hundred and odd quid , its only a half day course as well .it ll save you a fortune in the long run

We got one of the firms mentioned earlier to do one, wont mention them it might have been a one off. But would definately do what Allan said next time, train our own lads up, it took them far too long, it looked a fecking mess and still leaked, never again.

it does rip as well and will need repaired some times , fitting bolts go through them all the time . if you have your own lads trained you wont have to pay the call out charge every time . the gas guns are expensive , about 800 i think he said but you can hire them

---------- Post added at 04:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:10 PM ----------

it does rip as well and will need repaired some times , fitting bolts go through them all the time . if you have your own lads trained you wont have to pay the call out charge every time . the gas guns are expensive , about 800 i think he said but you can hire them
also because it hasnt been about for very long there is no qaulification or regulations for it so no paper work .

Does look smart though. There's one in Manchester done up to look like bricks and windows.

Loads of paperwork for it afterall its hot works at height , we have 3 guys doing it full time for us and others in london and south east , regardless of any half day training course there is a knack to it as you will learn with the first few jobs that un stitch themselves

More paperwork for this then most scaffold jobs , we started doing it as other firms charge so much and we can do it half the price , same as when you come to buy the materials you will see that the mark up on a roll of shrinkwrap is tremendous

Loads of paperwork for it afterall its hot works at height , we have 3 guys doing it full time for us and others in london and south east , regardless of any half day training course there is a knack to it as you will learn with the first few jobs that un stitch themselves

More paperwork for this then most scaffold jobs , we started doing it as other firms charge so much and we can do it half the price , same as when you come to buy the materials you will see that the mark up on a roll of shrinkwrap is tremendous
no qualification for it and the hot work permit depends wher your working . the instructor did say you would get better as you get experienced with it . i know smaller street firms that do it with there own lads and i say again , no paper work.
thats like saying all jobs are to a drawing . i have been scaffolding 16 year and have still very rarely worked to one . this is real life , not office work

should imagine the risk and method will be twice as long, with a heap of extra control measures

with scaffys help and advice i put two biggish roofs up with this gear this year, it is a learning curve but FU** me is it fast to strike :)

stanley knife !!! Who did you buy shrink of phill

Top Bottom