Ppe (1 Viewer)

1969scaff

Reaction score
Can any of you barrack room lawyers tell me what the legal requirement is for employers providing PPE? Not had gloves or boots of ours for over a year,are they breaking the law?

Without a doubt yes. No doubt there will be brighter people on here to supply the link but all ppe must be supplied by the employer to the employee at no cost and a register kept.

Yes. They must. It is made very clear that they must in all the HS that gets shoved down our throats.... only exception is if you are self employed in which case they dont have to, it is your responsability to.

Last edited:
i would think if directly employed then all ppe would have to be supplied by the employer dnt know if theres a certain quota hes obliged to supply but certinly you should recive hardhat,gloves,boots,harness.

Definitely no quota, as and when required. How do they get away without supplying this, is there no checks even from an insurance audit?

The empolyer has a duty of care to provide the correct PPE for the person to carry out the task required safely.

Just google section 9 of the health and safety at work act 1974. It's all in there about free pep.

your employer has a duty to supply you with any ppe nescessary to do your job properly and safely ,

but remember boys an girls you also have a duty to look after it. :eek:

Thanks,that's what I thought,now how do we get the pr---- to supply it,afraid that there's not a great deal of backup these days off others working here.Lot of inbreads if you get my drift.It's also the reason I won't put who I am and the firms name,you never know who's watching!!!

Batter him with duty of care, e mail him that you think he is breaching his duty of care to you as his employee, that way its in writing worked for me, i got a pay rise!

very true mate but not supplying you with ppe is only putting your wellbeing at risk,hope you get it sorted mate.

Thanks,that's what I thought,now how do we get the pr---- to supply it,afraid that there's not a great deal of backup these days off others working here.Lot of inbreads if you get my drift.It's also the reason I won't put who I am and the firms name,you never know who's watching!!!

pm me, i love to whistleblow on tight arse firms putting fellow scaffs at risk

Top Bottom