fees for training (1 Viewer)

dangeruss

Reaction score
Just watching the students rioting about having to pay fees for their training. Could you imagine if they were scaffs and not only had to pay for their own training, but also lost 2 weeks in wages for each course. Who thinks they should pay for some of their fees ? or should everybody in the uk loose a few quid a week except them !:evil:

most of them lazy basta**s just doing uni so they dont have to work
clever ones can work hard get decent qualifications then well paid job pay the loan back easy:D

Im keeping out of this 1 which ever i say i will be in the wrong... so im gunna watch this thread with intrest...

I pissed about at school and left with no qualifications then it hit me when I left, luckily I got on a YTS at GKN Kwikform but I wanted more out of life so I did night school at Hull college for a further 2 years to get where I am now (I paid for all my courses and test papers) Not Cheep. but still I have never looked back.

Students are lazy bastards who just want to toss it off for another 3 years doing some **** course... theres a reason their still at school remember, I'd turn cold water on em.. they'd soon **** off home then...

costs are just crap!

i had to pay for my touch screen, part 2, the assessment just done the IOSH managing safely (with no pay aswell) and thinking of the Nebosh general cert and ive got my advanced booked for the 14 march i can see next year being expensive aswell!

a lot of scaffs do have to pay for their own courses and also have no income for the time spent doing this.the students fees wether you think they are lazy idle or just plain daft,is an attack on education,its making futher education a no go for the ordinary joe.the lib-dem have throughly missled their electorate on this uturn,and they will pay the price heftyly at the polls,in the midst of more forigen students studying in this country than ever before andd at the same time we cant educate our own,SHAME.

a lot of scaffs do have to pay for their own courses and also have no income for the time spent doing this.the students fees wether you think they are lazy idle or just plain daft,is an attack on education,its making futher education a no go for the ordinary joe.the lib-dem have throughly missled their electorate on this uturn,and they will pay the price heftyly at the polls,in the midst of more forigen students studying in this country than ever before andd at the same time we cant educate our own,SHAME.
5 years ago there were 150,000 students going to university, now there are over 450,000.
In this country there are 61.8 million people ,26 million people working and paying tax, there are 18 million people at school or in education. There are 12 million people claiming a pension. There are 2.5 million claiming unemployment benefit + a further 3 million claiming incapacity,82,000 in jails god knows how many people are not on the system.

So is it fair that the 26 million of us working and paying tax, taking pay cuts and having our pay frozen ,should pay for the remaining 35.8 million people ?

Is it unreasonable to ask that students who don't pay a penny into the system until they have finished university at 20-21 ,yet have used the NHS the education services, dentists,police, etc etc should pay for their education. We have to pay for our training to enable us to achieve better qualifications and then earn more money, thats called growing up and being responsible . These kids drift into uni because its easy now, they all want to earn a million pound a year when they finish but don't want to pay anything for it.

5 years ago there were 150,000 students going to university, now there are over 450,000.
In this country there are 61.8 million people ,26 million people working and paying tax, there are 18 million people at school or in education. There are 12 million people claiming a pension. There are 2.5 million claiming unemployment benefit + a further 3 million claiming incapacity,82,000 in jails god knows how many people are not on the system.

Just shoot the feckers and let us get on with it. I'm surprised to see the figure of 3 million claiming incapacity. If these figures are right dangeruss that is a disgrace, I'm all for the young looking after the old and infirm but I bet everybody has a tale to tell regarding some lazy git driving around in his mobility car when there is nothing wrong with him.

I wonder how much they could up the pension or heating allowance or even cut our tax's if they could weed out all the dossers from the figures above? Or even the students that cost us a fortune that never enter the world of work and commerce.

Just shoot the feckers and let us get on with it. I'm surprised to see the figure of 3 million claiming incapacity. If these figures are right dangeruss that is a disgrace, I'm all for the young looking after the old and infirm but I bet everybody has a tale to tell regarding some lazy git driving around in his mobility car when there is nothing wrong with him.

I think 1 in 10 peole north of the Watford gap claim Incapacity benefit where as 1 in 18 down south claim (according to the ONS) just a way of getting more out of the social , incapacity benefit 's worth more than job seekers allowance. Either way we pay !

So is it fair that the 26 million of us working and paying tax, taking pay cuts and having our pay frozen ,should pay for the remaining 35.8 million people ?

Is it unreasonable to ask that students who don't pay a penny into the system until they have finished university at 20-21 ,yet have used the NHS the education services, dentists,police, etc etc should pay for their education. We have to pay for our training to enable us to achieve better qualifications and then earn more money, thats called growing up and being responsible . These kids drift into uni because its easy now, they all want to earn a million pound a year when they finish but don't want to pay anything for it.

I think its a difficult issue, but here is my side of it as a graduate.

I spent 4 years at university and paid around £10,000 in fees to do my course. I ended the course with around £20,000 in loans which I will be paying back well into later life.

I spent a lot of this time in part-time work and also worked throughout sixth form.

I will now payback more tax than average throughout the rest of my life.

I think I have paid my way and will continue to do so.

However these student protests are beginning to wind me up. If you want to go to uni, then pay the price. It shouldn't be a right, and you should pay the going rate.

never heard so much crap in all me days,thats right shoot em all.....lol.expertly answered mate.shoot the future lol,to quote another purveyor of fantastic rational views on the forum,id say thread over lol.god help us all.

I spent 4 years at university and paid around £10,000 in fees to do my course. I ended the course with around £20,000 in loans which I will be paying back well into later life.

I spent a lot of this time in part-time work and also worked throughout sixth form.

However these student protests are beginning to wind me up. If you want to go to uni, then pay the price. It shouldn't be a right, and you should pay the going rate.
Whilst I do think 9k per year is a bit pricy, if you get a good degree and end up earning thousands its not much to pay back, you don't ever have to pay any back if you end up earning under 21k per year. Everybody in this country from young to old has, and is being effected by this recession. The students should do their bit instead of costing us thousands in repair bills for their riots and police overtime. We should start powering the power stations with rowdy students instead of coal, that would teach em and it would defo be a green option .

Whilst I do think 9k per year is a bit pricy, if you get a good degree and end up earning thousands its not much to pay back, you don't ever have to pay any back if you end up earning under 21k per year. Everybody in this country from young to old has, and is being effected by this recession. The students should do their bit instead of costing us thousands in repair bills for their riots and police overtime. We should start powering the power stations with rowdy students instead of coal, that would teach em and it would defo be a green option .

Exactly mate!

I don't support what students are doing. I think its an absolute joke.

Please tell me you didn't spend 4 years , £10,000 and a £20,000 student loan just to start a forum for illiterate scaffs ? ha ha , I bet your like the Lt on saving private Ryan, everybody 's trying to guess what your job is when your not the SF Admin. Give us a clue , computer based I suspect ? If you were in the pub and spotted a load of scaffs ( a bay of scaffs ,collective name), could you go over and get free drinks because of your Admin powers or are your powers useless when not on line ?

people training to become doctors, vets etc.. thats a proper degree, but I think these people doing business studies, philosophy.. are just there to toss it off for a few years..

Top Bottom