debi guard (1 Viewer)

dangeruss

Reaction score
After buying 600 Plastic brick guards @ £6-00 each I have now been told that the Debi guard version does'nt comply with TG20 08. If there is anybody on the forum from Debi guard, perhaps they could tell me if this is indeed true and if not true, supply me with the technical data to show the relevant pain in the ar*e safety advisor TO SHUT HIM UP, as we all know there is nothing in life quite as sweet as silencing a co*k, however there is nothing in life quite so sour as buying 600 useless items !!!!:confused: and having a co*k prove you wrong

Yea £50 each ,made a proffit out of scaffolding for a change

After buying 600 Plastic brick guards @ £6-00 each I have now been told that the Debi guard version does'nt comply with TG20 08. If there is anybody on the forum from Debi guard, perhaps they could tell me if this is indeed true and if not true, supply me with the technical data to show the relevant pain in the ar*e safety advisor TO SHUT HIM UP, as we all know there is nothing in life quite as sweet as silencing a co*k, however there is nothing in life quite so sour as buying 600 useless items !!!!:confused: and having a co*k prove you wrong

dangerous, did the c0kc give you a reason??

Dangeruss
Ever thought about buying a copy of TG20!!!
will cost you 23 guards!!!!!!!

hope he is a c0ck and is proven wrong mate,hefty outlay for nothing you can use.

Section 11.7 of TG20:08 - holes in guards should not exceed 50mm horizontally, and resist a point load of 0.3kN in the most unfavourable position.

Don't think Debbigard meets either of these, but suspect normal metal brickguards don't meet the load requirement either (which is the same load the guardrail has to withstand). Haven't got a clue how this clause made it's way into TG20 as it's very onerous and demanding.

Saying that, until something better comes on the market we're buying Debbigards, and if the question is asked refer to SG10:08 - Requirements for Use of Brickguards, which pretty much states they have to be suitable and sufficient in line with the WaH regs, which we believe the Debbigard to be.

Dangeruss
Ever thought about buying a copy of TG20!!!
will cost you 23 guards!!!!!!!
Shouldn't have to buy a copy of TG20 to check if the product your paying good money for conforms to current legislation should you,the retailer owes a duty of care to ensure the product they are selling is fit for purpose ,you could argue that the Debi gards are "not fit for purpose" and therefore demand a refund if Mark is right. Like I said before , if anybody from Debi gard reads this perhaps they copuld clarify their position.

Unbelievable, we will be hanging the wire ones over the debbi guard to make them suit.:eek:

Dangeruss,

You could try their Website... debbigard.co.uk... Gives contact details etc.. Get the info from the horse's mouth, so to speak.. Hope this helps...

Ive just seen their advert on this site stating "member of the british standards institute" surley between them they couldn't have got it wrong ????

Top Bottom