Change over of scaffold tickets (1 Viewer)

juniorbud

Reaction score
Alright lads,i'm an irish lad and i've recently moved to the U.K from australia i've been scaffing for 7yrs and have the full irish and australia scaff tickets, i was just wondering was there a fast track way of getting the advanced tickets over here or do i have to start at the bottom for a third time, any info would be appreciated..

Juniorbud...

mate the only thing i can say is i worked 3years in ireland with my ticket and not once was it questioned,in fact loads of us worked over there.what i would say if our ticket was good enough for your country and all the immegrants coming here with their countrys accreditation then why wouldnt your ticket not be valid on these shores.i only had to do the safepass course your equvilent of our cscs,book your cscs mate and best of luck.

Alright lads,i'm an irish lad and i've recently moved to the U.K from australia i've been scaffing for 7yrs and have the full irish and australia scaff tickets, i was just wondering was there a fast track way of getting the advanced tickets over here or do i have to start at the bottom for a third time, any info would be appreciated..

Juniorbud...

Hi Juniorbud,

Unfortunately the CISRS scheme rules are pretty rigid, and there is no fast track route available. I'm affraid you would have to start at the begining again and do a part 1, 2 and advanced (including the NVQ/new QCF requirements too), to obtain an advanced card.

A few CISRS centres are offering funded training to varying degrees through train-to-gain, but this funding is only available until 6th April 11 and you would need to be signed up before then (new government cutbacks). It might ease the financial burden, but you'd still have to commit your time to the training. It will take a minimum of 12 months to complete to 'Scaffolder' grade.

Some sites will accept FAS cards and other overseas qualifications, but the majority are looking for CISRS, due to their commitment to a 100% CSCS carded workforce. CISRS is the only scaffolders card affiliated to CSCS.

Sorry it's not good news, but if want more information check out the CISRS - the industry recognised scaffold training scheme website.

Regards,

Simon

I'm currently working in the u.k, I'd like to turn the question around and ask, I am a scaffold supervisor in the u.k, Can anyone tell me what i need to do in order to get the same cards/tickets in Australia? Is there any online courses i can do before i go etc.... I seen you can do a white card course online but havn't done enough homework into if this is any good, Can anyone offer any advice?

Top Bottom