Titanium (1 Viewer)

1969scaff

Reaction score
Titanium spanners.Any one use this type?Seems very expensive for a spanner,do they tie the fitting for you?£49.00 for a level,what's that all about?Is it because it is blue?Colour co-ordinated scaffolders whatever next!

Like all the kit way over priced, but if its fashionable it'll sell. Same as all the youngsters have to have the designer gear its cool, £49 for a level rather use my eye. Worked with a chargehand way back on target work, would'nt let you use a level, too slow use your eye, He'd have the groundsman plumbing the standards from the ground. Jobs went up fast and always looked good. How did we ever manage.

Yes ,think I've seen some of your work,5 boards on first lift 3 on the top!!!

yes i have all titanium spanner 50 notes a mate got it from goeorge roberts 4 me lol

nearly half that or is that not old maybe just feel it some days lol

One of the boy's at work has every tool known to man on his belt, he looks more like a mountaineer than a scaff and yes he bought a titanium spanner from leach's. £95 down the tubes if you ask me, I had a turn on it and could hardly feel it in my hand. It did have a good head on it though.

I got my spanner from Leach's, bi hex box, chunky round handle. Good but to much money. I used to get my spanners from a guy we all called spanner man, they where IMN one's, think he might have sold out to Leach's.

I reckon they have to be the best, pity they are hard to come by without shelling out so much.

---------- Post added at 09:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:45 PM ----------

Just had a quick squint on the buy brand site, they are selling them at £27 but they have not been reviewed. Has anyone used them and what do you think?

When my Nailspan is knackered, we will both retire together. FFS had 32 years on price, cant do it anymore, i will say i put a tidy job up, so i can sleep at nights,however, with the intro of the step ups, harnesses, and the current ssow, feck it not worth trying, my laddie is the workhorse now, however, he needs reined in at times.

the old nailspan sounds as if it's in better nick than you Paddy, and I hope you still throw the odd double at the young fla.

Thats what happend with the IMN ones. I was getting them from a chap for £20 then he moved on. I could only find them at leach's for twice what i was paying.

Have used Nailspan's for years..Used to get them from a bloke in Doncaster.. Used to Pay £15 and £2.50 Postage per spanner.. My mate and me ordered a couple from Leaches a few years ago, nearly wet meself when i was told the price... That said, they are the dogs wotsits....

Top Bottom