Got injured (1 Viewer)

lazz

Reaction score
Hi i am new to the forum. I would be greatfull if someone could help me out here.I fell from the kicker lift while building a scaffold kwickstage only about 2 ft from the ground but got a nasty injurey.I had 3 planks in place what i need to know is were 3 planks ok to work from while erecting and where can i get a copy stating this.Im pretty sure the minimum working platform requires 3 planks would be greatfull if someone could advise me.

Hi i am new to the forum. I would be greatfull if someone could help me out here.I fell from the kicker lift while building a scaffold kwickstage only about 2 ft from the ground but got a nasty injurey.I had 3 planks in place what i need to know is were 3 planks ok to work from while erecting and where can i get a copy stating this.Im pretty sure the minimum working platform requires 3 planks would be greatfull if someone could advise me.

Are you in the UK mate?

hi i am new to the forum. I would be greatfull if someone could help me out here.i fell from the kicker lift while building a scaffold kwickstage only about 2 ft from the ground but got a nasty injurey.i had 3 planks in place what i need to know is were 3 planks ok to work from while erecting and where can i get a copy stating this.im pretty sure the minimum working platform requires 3 planks would be greatfull if someone could advise me.

i thought the permitted gap was now 1 board, to enable clipping on.. As you were on the kicker, clipping on would not come into play.. Did you have any guard rails on... Its all about preventing a fall, wether it be 6inches or 60 foot.

no from ireland.

---------- Post added at 06:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:39 PM ----------

It happened a couple of years ago but am still not right after the fall.

---------- Post added at 06:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:41 PM ----------

Had no guard rail in place never used them at that height.

I understand that if it is 4 boards between standards you need 3. If it 5 boards wide you need four. Never more than a 300mm gap. What bout adv h/r ha ha

no from ireland.

---------- Post added at 06:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:39 PM ----------

It happened a couple of years ago but am still not right after the fall.

a couple of years ago? i was thinking of SG4 .05... FOR THE 4 BOARDS ON A 5 BOARD LIFT.. with the advent of steps and advanced guard rails, its all about minimising traversing, like i said efforts must be made for fall prevention, (6inches or 60 ft up)

I know the safety offiser on site told us to use a minimum of 3 boards or planks while erecting or striking but i need to be sure on this as there is leagal proceedings involved here.

I know the safety offiser on site told us to use a minimum of 3 boards or planks while erecting or striking but i need to be sure on this as there is leagal proceedings involved here.

Sorry mate i'm not clued up enough to give you advice for you to act on it legally... wish i was...:embarrest:

I wonder would i get it in some code of practice for erecting quickstage scaffold.

planks , fooking hell your obviously not a qualified scaffolder so shouldnt of been erecting scaffold . i think you are talking about the 1st sg4 with 3 boards . but if your not a scaffolder you shouldnt of been erecting it . 2foot what were you doing practising back flips

I was quilifed allen but i dont want to go into to much detail on it.I had done scaffolding for more than 8 years was just unlucky some other scafflolder had put a dodgy plank in place and i got the backlash of it

quilified . i think id like to be quilified it sounds like some new legal high or crack . sorry mate your spellings bad for even a scaffolder . ireland has different laws and regulations and is pretty far behind the rest of us on safety . you will be better off talking to a good solicitor and your union if your in one .

Are/were you a qualified scaffolder
Was there a risk assessment and method statement, if so did you read it , sign onto it and work to it.

Lazz. the Irish code of practise for access and working scaffolds changed on 1st jan 2009, so if your accident occured after that, that is the one you need for the guidelines. If it happened prior to that, you need the earlier version, If you want to pm me I will let you have the relevant copy. The are not legal documents, guidelines only. The working at height regulations (which are law ) changed in 2007, the 2m rule went and instead any height which a person was liable to fall requires fall protection, As this covers the period of your accident, It would be advisable to get legal advice.

Thanks very much for your reply brandy,that is exactly what i was looking for nice find someone helpfull more than i can say for some.

planks , fooking hell your obviously not a qualified scaffolder so shouldnt of been erecting scaffold . i think you are talking about the 1st sg4 with 3 boards . but if your not a scaffolder you shouldnt of been erecting it . 2foot what were you doing practising back flips

Love it ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

ok i am a plank , i must be a plank , because i think your a plank , and if i think your a plank then you must think im a plank , but if you call a board a plank then you are a plank . you see how it works now bright eyes

---------- Post added at 09:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:26 PM ----------

and by the way i think my advice was pretty sound as far as this plank is concerned

Top Bottom