Loading bay design (1 Viewer)

scaffman1

Reaction score
Hi Chaps,

I'm pricing a job where they are insisting on a 2 ton loading bay to hold bricks, blocks and roofing slates, and they want a design on it. Has anyone out there got a generic design they could pass on to me please. I think the £450.00 + vat that I've been quoted by a design company is a little on the steep side.

Hi Mate, i do the very same loading bays for Taylor Wimpey, we have to have 12 transoms in it, plan braced, 5 standards at front and 5 at back, underslung transoms on every standard, ledger braces, sway braces, foot tie, 6 boards wide, 3 short boards on sides instead od brickguards and an up & over gate, the bloody thing takes longer to erect than the lift itself !!!!!!! I do have a design drawing, if you have a fax it will ping it over

Den
PLATINUM LTD

i recently worked on a bell homes site,
they had dessigned loading bays.
13 transoms, 5 standards in each bay, every standard braced and checkered...
bloody nightmare.. but will hold that weight.

---------- Post added at 03:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:48 PM ----------

haha i was just about to say taylor wimpey is the same,
as Den platinum as just said..
like he said it takes longer to errect the loading bay than the rest of the house... lol

i recently worked on a bell homes site,
they had dessigned loading bays.
13 transoms, 5 standards in each bay, every standard braced and checkered...
bloody nightmare.. but will hold that weight.

---------- Post added at 03:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:48 PM ----------

haha i was just about to say taylor wimpey is the same,
as Den platinum as just said..
like he said it takes longer to errect the loading bay than the rest of the house... lol

far cry from the old days when it was 8 standards and spur up the middle ledger :laugh::laugh:

£200 from sheffield scaffold designs. with all calcs.

Why the hell go to all this bother & then the fork lift holds up the pallet of blocks 100yrds away so they don't have to walk or the muck bin is put onto the toe board!!!!!:eek:

Hi guys

I am also looking for a generic design with calcs for the same loading bay.
Can anybody help?

cheers
Luke

Would you also like one of the lads on here to erect it for you at no charge??

As said in previous post it's only about £200.00, put a tenner on your next 20 loading bays, hey presto got your money back!!!!!

lol
Im a new designer and only want a generic one to follow to learn how its done properly.

lol
Im a new designer and only want a generic one to follow to learn how its done properly.

Dont quite get this one, if you are a designer are you trying to cheat??
On a serious note where are you doing your training and who is training you?? surely you must have someone guideing you???
But I do wish you the best of luck.

Top Bottom